Anyone know where to get these Ts?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@viper69

Jamie's tarantulas so far

I've bought from her a bit, never a problem. I've also bought from Swift's Inverts, excellent. Swift's usually will send for free a small vial of pinhead crickets as this size is not commonly sold in pet stores, which is super helpful if you get some small slings.

assidreemz

Arachnosquire
bro, do some reading on the internet/here. then after you whittle your selections down a bit, start reading the internet/here on those vendors.
only then do i believe you can honestly say,
I have done all of those things.
i would also suggest to do your freakin research as to the utter miserable feeling caused by BOTH large amounts of uricating setae and SMALL amounts of OW venom.

you come off as completely misinformed/uninformed fyi

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@viper69
Shipping and prices are extreme.
As far as (the little i know) about USA shipping prices when it comes to T's that i've read/heard here, i agree. All of those LAG, night ship prices etc are pricey... check England... brown parcels all the way delivered from normal mail like Royal Mail at very reasonable prices, and DOA are really rare.
There's people in England that shipped even in the UAE and Japan lol (but no one in USA, too much severe checks).

Last edited:

dylanaxolotl

Arachnosquire
@assidreemz
I've been keeping tarantulas for three years, and I don't hold them. I rarely hold even my most docile species as I don't like to stress them just for my personal enjoyment.

dylanaxolotl

Arachnosquire
@assidreemz
I'm sorry. I should be more specific. I occasionally hold my weak-venomed new world Ts without urticating hairs for photography or checking in. I don't hold tarantulas that would hurt me, such as the majority of my new worlds.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@assidreemz
I'm sorry. I should be more specific. I occasionally hold my weak-venomed new world Ts without urticating hairs for photography or checking in. I don't hold tarantulas that would hurt me, such as the majority of my new worlds.
Ah ah :) if you want to handle, handle, man. But "that would hurt me" ? No way. Every Theraphosidae is able to "hurt" someone, man. Even the most 'docile' NW Theraphosidae could have a bad day, and fangs damage alone (without entering into the venom part) hurts, a lot.
I don't handle, i never been bitten (by a Theraphosidae) so i can only assume but i wouldn't try, let's say, a 0.1 Grammostola pulchripes fangs kiss :kiss:

cold blood

Staff member
@assidreemz
I occasionally hold my weak-venomed new world Ts without urticating hairs for photography or checking in. I don't hold tarantulas that would hurt me, such as the majority of my new worlds.
Curious as to the species that fit this criteria.:bookworm:

The t getting hurt is the bigger concern, not the person.:rolleyes: We aren't the fragile ones.:)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@viper69
Bought true spiders. Shipping and prices are extreme.

That's why it's best for the buyer, in this case you, to search on your own, instead of asking others to do your work for you. No one can tell you who has "overpriced" pricing as you put it, because that's a subjective term. What I think is affordable, another things is ridiculously expensive etc.

Keep searching, if your reference about shipping is about Jamie's, then you are going to have a hard time as her shipping is generally one of the least expensive out there. Good luck!

cold blood

Staff member
Damage to you, sure, its not about you. They are still fragile.;)

Plus these are literally two of the fastest ts around, and both have skittish tendencies....and the smaller they are, the more tight places they can fit. Personally, I wouldn't let a Psalm out of its enclosure without it being absolutely necessary, like re-housing, I can't grasp the thought of it. Cause when they want to move, its like, :eek:....and taps are even quicker...even as slings they have "wow" speed.:wideyed:

Certainly glad it worked out for you.