Anyone know anything about axolotls?

Razzledazzy

Arachnosquire
I've been considering this as my first non-tarantula 'desk' pet, I've heard that as far as amphibians go, axolotls are pretty hardy. Like they take tap water fine and their care requirements aren't super stressful.

That said, I haven't been able to find a "Axolotl Keeper's Guide" to peruse and have no idea the veracity of the things that I've looked up so far... which admittedly isn't much.

Myrmeleon

Arachnoknight
This isn't really the forum for axolotls, I suggest checking out caudata.org, mostly dedicated to axies but also to various other caudatans such as plethodontids or ambystomatids and some anurans as well. Great advice and experienced people.

Razzledazzy

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the advice! I figured since there's an overlap between fish keeping, herp keeping, and T keeping that there might be someone here who could point me in the right direction at least. Looks like I was right.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I used to keep them. I've seen some YouTube videos about their care that may help you. So much has changed since I kept them and I never bred them.

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
I don’t keep them but I think I’ve heard one is required to have a 10-20 gallon tank And they like the water cold and clean