ANYONE KNOW A GOOD LOCATION TO SEE BLUE FEIGNING SEATH BEETLES IN AZ

Mike Wolf

Arachnopeon
Visiting Yuma, AZ for a week and would like to see blue feigning death beetles in wild. Any know a good spot? perferably aouthwest. ive seen seen more darkling beetlws that i can count but not much else. maybe too late in the year or wrong locations. Any help is appreciated.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I don't have the single God damn it clue (since I am a northern Italian) about Yuma, but, only because you mentioned Yuma, now I feel the need for assault a train and shoot like if there's no tomorrow, following the legacy of those brave American heroes that assaulted the Southern Pacific Railroad waay back then.

Join me, Mike, and with that money we could buy all the darkling beetles bucks can buy, and after, a drink in the most filthy saloon ever created :)

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
BDFBs are a summer beetle, so I don't think you'll be seeing any in the winter, particularly in Yuma. Checking under rocks near desert shrubs is your best bet, but I wouldn't count on it.

Mike Wolf

Arachnopeon
Kind of what I thought but is worth a try. I have a little flexibility in my travels and have been a bit wide ranging going to different parks to hike.
BDFBs are a summer beetle, so I don't think you'll be seeing any in the winter, particularly in Yuma. Checking under rocks near desert shrubs is your best bet, but I wouldn't count on it.