Anyone here keep Brazilian wandering spiders

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
Just wondering if anyone here is livin like Larry hard enough to keep a Brazilian wandering spider and if so what's it like keeping one

basin79

ArachnoGod
Would love to keep 1 or 2. Sadly I don't have my DWA license.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I almost wish somebody would. That way everyone could stop grossly exagerating how dangerous ow t's are.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I know a few people that have them. It's basically the same as keeping Cupiennius but with more attitude and medically significant venom. Expect lots of speed and a fair number of defensive displays.

More reading here - http://arachnoboards.com/threads/ge...-brief-look-into-the-different-species.83797/

@Widow lover has some and if I remember correctly his female was giving him the full display when he was doing maintenance on a different shelf. This was a couple weeks ago.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
@Widow lover has some and if I remember correctly his female was giving him the full display when he was doing maintenance on a different shelf. This was a couple weeks ago.
oh no... i mean theres aggressive arachnids and then theres homicidal arachnids. seriously i could never keep one ever especially seeing im a male so i get that fun bonus symptom. id hate to be the feeders that thing eats it would be like haveing a giant with a shotgun and a lust for blood chasing you down

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
oh no... i mean theres aggressive arachnids and then theres homicidal arachnids. seriously i could never keep one ever especially seeing im a male so i get that fun bonus symptom. id hate to be the feeders that thing eats it would be like haveing a giant with a shotgun and a lust for blood chasing you down
It's actually not too bad for the feeders. Ctenidae are typically fast enough that the feeder hits the ground and is already being caught by the spider. There were times when my Cupiennius would actually catch the prey item as it fell. With that kind of speed feeders never last long lol.

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I keep them and no problems whatsoever do I recommended it of course not. That's a decision you need to make on your own and how comfortable you feel .

They are by far my favorite true spider not because of the name or because of their venom but because they are unique looking and can get very large.

Take lots of things into consideration where your going to keep them do you have little kids around as long as you take good steps with making sure you have good secure enclosure with good lid and make sure children can't reach the enclosures.

Double or triple check the lid is on tight and secure only should be opened for feeding misting cleaning ect.

They can climb glass like nothing:)

In fact mine are more calm than lots of my other spiders I can go right up to the glass of her cage she never gets defensive this could change of course .

Expecting her drop a egg sac any day now then she may have a completely different personality.

I never tap on the glass or try to make her upset most of the times if I spook by accident she darts offf for her cork bark or leaf branches.

If you decide to get one start with boliviensis which is the most common one anyhow.

Their venom isn't as toxic as nigriventor or fera.

Last edited: