Anyone have info on Slug millipedes? (Petaserpes sp.)

catboyeuthanasia

Arachnosquire
Screenshot_20231211_204254_Gallery.jpg

I've been finding quite a few of these guys under logs in old-growth forests on my property (hornbeam, with scattered oaks and maples). One was in my native isopod culture and is still kicking after a month or two. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them. It was fine in my 18ish celcius room in a jar with native moss and wood chips, but if I need to switch out wood every week or keep them in my cellar, I guess that can work too.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Darn, I could collect new logs for them every once in a while, but if they are so finicky, might as well leave them in the wild.
Do they eat the wood fast or something? I tried keeping stone centipedes, but I can only get one to eat, so I let them free. They’re just too small.

catboyeuthanasia

Arachnosquire
Do they eat the wood fast or something? I tried keeping stone centipedes, but I can only get one to eat, so I let them free. They’re just too small.
To replenish the fungus I was just informed they eat. I mostly find them in rotting logs, so I assume their fungus is also found in those logs

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
You could culture the fungus, depending on the genus they tend to be easily propagated. Something as simple as chop up a bunch of rotting wood, spray with water, sprinkle the fungus and forget about it for a while.