Anyone have dealings with Michael McNulty?

KZoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I sent him a money order to purchase an E. cyagnathus. He said he had had bad dealings because of PayPal, so money order was the only thing he'd accept. It took 8 days for him to let me know he got it - granted, it could have been due to 4th of July weekend delays, but once he got it, he let me know, and asked when I wanted him to ship. That's the last I heard from him!

I have e-mailed 4-5 times since, wondering where my spider is, asking him for some response. NOTHING!! I want to think something like his computer crashing or a medical emergency is keeping him from contacting me, but it is getting really hard to have faith in a good explanation.

If anyone else has had any experience with him, PLEASE let me know!! I don't know what I can do from here on out ... I have lost money, have gotten no spider, and my faith in dealing with people is severely shaken. It's my first bad experience of this type ...

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is this also the same person as Robert Lambskein? Isn't Pat Kane from New England? The address I sent a money order to when I was trying to buy from "Lambskein" was in New England.... does McNulty live in New England?

-Kelly

KZoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is apparently Pat Kane's alias ...

I sent the money order to an address in Rhode Island. I am so devastated, I can't tell you! I am not a rich person at all, and this was a huge blow to me financially and emotionally. I had EXTREMELY personally strong reasons for ordering the spider that I did from him, and he went so far as to notify me when my money order got there, and ask when I wanted her shipped. Then ... nothing. He must have gotten a lot of laughs from my heartache. I feel like I can no longer trust, and that is HUGE for me. Why can't anything be done????

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
RI??
I say post the addy. I emailed mcnulty a few times, and wasnt sending him any money. No prob he said, I'll send you stuff first if you provide some good references. So I got a couple big dealers to email him and poof no more emails. This <edit -MrI> is getting out of hand in this hobby and whoever this guy is needs an A** kicking. Next time around I think I will hand deliver the money to RI myself.
RI does make it look like Pat, but can anyone say for a fact?
T

Edit :NM, I just waded through more of the fauna stuff, Chris/Pat/Mike all the same. Funny how the IP #'s match, the phone #'s etc etc. Not very clever.

NO ONE SHOULD DO ANY BUSINESS WITH UNKNOWNS FROM THE N.E. UNLESS THEY GET THE ANIMALS FIRST
T

Last edited:

MilkmanWes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Still have copies of the emails setting up the deal and the recipt from the money order? Seems like that and a call to the DA should do it, and if not then take him to small claims court.

Ssspidermom said:
I sent the money order to an address in Rhode Island. I am so devastated, I can't tell you! I am not a rich person at all, and this was a huge blow to me financially and emotionally. I had EXTREMELY personally strong reasons for ordering the spider that I did from him, and he went so far as to notify me when my money order got there, and ask when I wanted her shipped. Then ... nothing. He must have gotten a lot of laughs from my heartache. I feel like I can no longer trust, and that is HUGE for me. Why can't anything be done????

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a phone message from Pat Kane admitting that he is Mike McNulty and Chris Zorra.

-Kelly

MilkmanWes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe posting it as a wave would be fun.

kellygirl said:
I have a phone message from Pat Kane admitting that he is Mike McNulty and Chris Zorra.

-Kelly

MilkmanWes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is it an answering machine tape or voicemail?

If it's a tape then you could send it to me at my studio and I'll convert it right over. Wouldnt take 5 minutes.

kellygirl said:
I don't know how. :(

-Kelly

Ghost13

Arachnopeon
I am sure someone has a tape recorder that could record it if (unless you kellygirl have one) A 3 way phone call, dial into voice mail and record it. Just an option. :} I want to see this guy buried!

MilkmanWes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ghost13 said:
I am sure someone has a tape recorder that could record it if (unless you kellygirl have one) A 3 way phone call, dial into voice mail and record it. Just an option. :} I want to see this guy buried!
you can get an inline mic for phones at radio shack. if it is on a cell then maybe making a patch cord out of an old headset would do it too.

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Pat called, admitted to me he was zora and mcnulty, still denies any connection to lambskein. Said he has a minimum wage job....
Jig is up, game over, no more needed for speculation, fact-a-mundo :mad:
T :mad: :( :8o

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
I suspect that there will be little or no pusuit by the authorities until there are many complaints. Last year a (former) mentally challenged employee fell hook, line and sinker for a Nigerian scammer (there are quite a few of these, fbi.gov has pages devoted to them). After she left, I started to assemble what went on...she shipped $1500 worth of goods to an agent of the scammer. The woman he was using to collect his goods bought with stolen cred card card numbers finally realized she was being used and stopped talking to him. Since the goods were shipped via my UPS account, I knew were she lived, hunted down her phone number and had a little chat with her. I sent her a call tag and my merch came back. I contacted the FBI to make a reoport. The Secret Service followed up on the matter. Since the scammer *thought* he had another order coming, it seemed a good time for official observers. The SS, who deal with interstate issues said they were not willing to pursue the matter. They have my report, which includes a few names, and some dead email addresses, yada yada . After the SS bowed out I emailed the scammer, and had all his known email addresses shut down.
SO it goes. I am out some visa charges, shipping charges and the wages I paid my employee. It could have been worse. Credit cards protect both the buyer and the seller (if said seller has the sense to use address verification and a little common sense). Future employees will be better trained! If something smells bad, look on the bottom of your shoe!