Anyone ever kept these?

MACZ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

I have read that these things are very fast moving,I have seen more speed in a snail :confused: :confused: :confused:

smalltime

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Then yours is probably on it's last legs... These are usually quite agressive and active once on open soil...

MACZ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
smalltime said:
Then yours is probably on it's last legs... These are usually quite agressive and active once on open soil...

:( Only had it a week.

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Solifugues are notorious for having a poor survival rate in captivity.

Aidan

MACZ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Silver.x said:
Solifugues are notorious for having a poor survival rate in captivity.

Aidan
Hi Aiden,I read all about them and I knew I would only get a few months max out of it,I just can't understand how slow they move even with the temp in the low 80s. :confused:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
MACZ said:
I just can't understand how slow they move even with the temp in the low 80s. :confused:
smalltime said:
Then yours is probably on it's last legs...
it's probably almost dead, nothing to do with temp or humidity at this point

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Early in their life-span, solifuges are extremely active. This years active season for them is over, so, unfortunately the life-span of the specimen pictured is most likely coming to an end. Considering the solifugid in the picture is of the family Galeodidae, which consists of mainly nocturnal species, the terrarium should not be kept too bright or at too high of a temperature.

Alex S.

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
NightCrawler27 said:
may i ask what that is? ive never seen any thing like it before
Class: Arachnida Order: Solifugae. This arachnid order consists of 12 families and approximately 1000 species, which are commonly known as solifuges, solifugids, solpugids, wind-scorpions, sun-scorpions, wind-spiders, sun-spiders, camel-spiders, false-spiders, or hunting-spiders. Regardless of the common names, solifuges are neither scorpions nor spiders.

Alex S.