Anyone ever had crazy T dreams?

grumpycow3

Arachnosquire
i dreamt i had a P. Metallica, then i cried myself back to sleep because i realised i am too inexperienced. :grumpy:

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I had one recently! I made a large enclosure that was partitioned in the middle. I put my AF E sp red on one side and my very first T my fatty A anax on the other side. I went to check on them and ONE WAS GONE. AND IT WASNT THE FATTY A ANAX. (cue the theme music from Halloween) So then I was real upset. And that was the dream.

Now even though I am a therapist person, dream interpretation is lke :depressed:to me. In fact, if you want to make a behaviorist squirm, just start talking about the meaning of a dream or your subconscious. Lol. But anyway. I had to move all my Ts home a while ago and I was worried about them so yeah. Now you have seen into the workings of my mind. :mask:

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
I had one recently! I made a large enclosure that was partitioned in the middle. I put my AF E sp red on one side and my very first T my fatty A anax on the other side. I went to check on them and ONE WAS GONE. AND IT WASNT THE FATTY A ANAX. (cue the theme music from Halloween) So then I was real upset. And that was the dream.

Now even though I am a therapist person, dream interpretation is lke :depressed:to me. In fact, if you want to make a behaviorist squirm, just start talking about the meaning of a dream or your subconscious. Lol. But anyway. I had to move all my Ts home a while ago and I was worried about them so yeah. Now you have seen into the workings of my mind. :mask:
Oh my god, so much yes to this! I found the whole interpretation of dreams a little messy during my time as a psych student. Although there is definitely something in the phenomenon that we dream about our anxieties. For example, I dreamt for weeks about receiving my exam results for getting in to uni and the page being blank before I got said results. So when I first for Nimhe (my first T), I dreamt about dropping it, stepping on it, it being able to talk. I think the worst T dream I had was that I had shrunk and was in Nimhe's tank. Nimhe was in its hide and I was just stood there in fear of making my presence known and being eaten, desperately hoping my boyfriend would come in to the room and see me.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
Ive posted here before but ive had reoccurring nightmares of my tarantulas somehow being together and needing to separate them before they kill eachother (i usually fail) or nightmares of my mature male (very first T) molting...possibly to his death.

Wonder why they reoccur so often

Last edited:

Timc

Arachnosquire
I took a drunken nap after the eagles game today and dreamt my spiders were watching me, as opposed to me watching them. Really weird feeling.

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Last night I dreamed that my G. pulchra mated with my A. geniculata and right the next day the enclosure came alive with a handful of juvenile looking pulchra-black tarantulas with bright white leg bands.

The confusing scene, nonsense and cross-breeding crap aside... that new genus/species looked awesome! :astonished:

Swoop

Arachnosquire
I had a dream once that I rehoused my 6" L. violaceopes but it was too big and she escaped through a ventilation hole because her new enclosure was a tennis court surrounded by a chain link fence.

lateapexpredator

So angry
I had a dream that my wife brought over a realtor to look at our house, even though we just built the house. I was showing him my T. Stirmi, and it got loose. Then the realtor found it, grabbed it bare handed, got bit, and tossed it back into it's enclosure without even worrying about the bite.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I dreamed last night that Regina my G. pulchripes could seemingly walk through walls because she KEPT ESCAPING HER ENCLOSURE! No matter what I did, she would just get out. And at one point she crawled onto a lightbulb and got badly burned and I couldn't stop her because in a dream my fingers don't work properly :(

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
So I had a dream that not only were my 2 Boston terriers laying next to my legs under the cover but some tarantulas I owned were cuddling up as well.:eek:

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I dreamed last night that I'd lost and H. maculata and an Atrax. They were hiding around the house, stalking me and my dogs. I swear my heart is still pounding.
I don't know if they got me or the dogs.
Crazy, huh?

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
I dreamed last night that I'd lost and H. maculata and an Atrax. They were hiding around the house, stalking me and my dogs. I swear my heart is still pounding.
I don't know if they got me or the dogs.
Crazy, huh?
Not crazy.
Just foreshadowing.

o_O

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
In the last T related dream I had I Went to a pet store and noticed that the pet store had a P. Metallica and an M. Robustom and their enclosures were soaking wet (kept above aquariums for some reason) and the Ts were themselves drenched. I pleaded with the employees to let me take them home with me to care for them properly. They said I could (and for FREE) but they escaped from their enclosures while I was filling out paperwork. :eek:

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
In the last T related dream I had I Went to a pet store and noticed that the pet store had a P. Metallica and an M. Robustom and their enclosures were soaking wet (kept above aquariums for some reason) and the Ts were themselves drenched. I pleaded with the employees to let me take them home with me to care for them properly. They said I could (and for FREE) but they escaped from their enclosures while I was filling out paperwork. :eek:
I don't know about these free range T dreams. All I know is that dream of mine can't happen. Don't have, nor will I ever have OWs and hot true spids. :anxious::anxious::anxious::eek:

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
So you had a wet dream?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I recently had a dream about me countimg eggs from an egg sac. I kept forgetting the numbers and had to recount them all over again.

I couldn’t think of any other reasons behind it, but this:

6C8F0726-2064-4ABF-AA82-7F006BC7E50D.jpeg

Last edited:

DanBsTs

So you had a wet dream?
:angelic: One might say that :rofl: Unlike my dream I would not take a Pokie home any time soon. The only OW I have is a C. Fimbriatus sling and I only have terrestrial NWs. Notbsure I'm ready for an OW Arboreal :anxious:

DanBsTs

:angelic: One might say that :rofl: Unlike my dream I would not take a Pokie home any time soon. The only OW I have is a C. Fimbriatus sling and I only have terrestrial NWs. Not sure I'm ready for an OW Arboreal.:D

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
:angelic: One might say that :rofl: Unlike my dream I would not take a Pokie home any time soon. The only OW I have is a C. Fimbriatus sling and I only have terrestrial NWs. Notbsure I'm ready for an OW Arboreal :anxious:
Well, actually, pokies are the most 'gentle' OW arboreal. They're fast, they are skittish, and if they get out they can do some damage if they put their fangs in you or someone/someanimal you care about. Raise your C. Fimbriatus for a while and you'll probably be fine. It's just important to have experience with fast Ts and keeping from panicking if it gets out of the enclosure. I'd stay away from P. metallica as a first pokie though. My two are very skittish compared to the other pokies I have. P. regalis is a good starter pokie IMO. Get yourself a sling and watch them grow, because they grow quickly.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcp3KA8gDZy/?taken-by=miss.moxie There's how much one of my P. regalis sling has grown since August 22.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Unlike my dream I would not take a Pokie home any time soon. The only OW I have is a C. Fimbriatus sling and I only have terrestrial NWs.
Raise your C. Fimbriatus for a while and you'll probably be fine. It's just important to have experience with fast Ts and keeping from panicking if it gets out of the enclosure. I'd stay away from P. metallica as a first pokie though. My two are very skittish compared to the other pokies I have. P. regalis is a good starter pokie IMO. Get yourself a sling and watch them grow, because they grow quickly.
My only OW I had before getting my first Pokie was a C. huahini which I got as a surprise freebie but I had raised a few NW arboreals (Avicularia/Caribena/Psalmopoeus) in that time as well (if you can cope with a Psalmo then a Pokie shouldn't give you any trouble).

I second not getting a P. metallica as your first Pokie, mine is absurdly skittish (possibly more so than my H. mac), likes to bolt and takes a while to settle down before I can open the enclosure for feeding/maintenance.
P. subfusca is also a good starter Pokie if you want to get into them, mine has always been really calm and it's often sat out in full view.