Anyone ever been stung???

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Been stung by too many species
some by stupidity and some by being dumb lol
Several i tested on myself just to see how bad id react to them since i am allergic to several different bee stings and others were from me just being careless. All of my stings could have been avoided and should have been avoided except 1 which i had no clue a hottentotta trilineatus could run that fast and grab the rim of a waterbowl and do an olympic gymnast move around to the other side of the waterbowl and WHACK !!!! I was using tweezers to pick up the waterbowl and she still got me !
Very intense pain and horrible cramps/vomiting/diarrhea. That was the worst sting yet except the 4th instar LQ that got me in December. Still having trouble with that sting. Be smart dont get stung !

Scorpusvonpork

Arachnosquire
I got stung in the back under a beach towel at around 1am in osoyoos. I sat on a crumbly old log on the beach at night and it cracked under my weight. Something crawled up the beach towel and nailed me in the back. It was the absolute worst pain I can ever recall from a sting. I ran straight into the lake. The sting site had a single hole and the surrounding tissue inflamed to the size of half a soft ball. It was blood red and throbbing. I sincerely believe it was a scorpion because the next day I tore that log apart and found nothing else living in there at all. It was the worst reaction I ever had to a sting in my life.

Scorpusvonpork

Arachnosquire
Never stung or bitten by anything i keep or find, but have been pinched once by an african flat rock... she was behind her bowl and i didnt see her, so i grabbed the bowl and surprised her, it drew blood from the edge of my thumb. SO... PINCH YES, Bite or Sting NO.
I've been pinched by adult emps. What the heck is with the strength??

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I got stung in the back under a beach towel at around 1am in osoyoos. I sat on a crumbly old log on the beach at night and it cracked under my weight. Something crawled up the beach towel and nailed me in the back. It was the absolute worst pain I can ever recall from a sting. I ran straight into the lake. The sting site had a single hole and the surrounding tissue inflamed to the size of half a soft ball. It was blood red and throbbing. I sincerely believe it was a scorpion because the next day I tore that log apart and found nothing else living in there at all. It was the worst reaction I ever had to a sting in my life.
That'll teach you to leave your house.

Yeesh. Never been bit by any spiders or my Ts, stung by an scorpions, but I've gotten stung by a couple bees and as a child I was bit 6 times in a row by a yellow jacket. Might have been two, I don't remember -that- detail at this point. I just remember screaming and crying and being afraid to go down my slide for the longest time. The last time I got stung by a bee there wasn't much pain but I swelled up pretty good and was exhausted and ran a temperature for a couple of days.

Daniel Edwards

Arachnoknight
I've been pinched by adult emps. What the heck is with the strength??
It's intense... far worse than crayfish but about as bad as an adult hermit crab. The flat rock literally clipped THROUGH my flesh. She was mashed between the tank and the water bowl instead of her usual hide so i just grabbed the bowl and CHOMP.

RainierArachnids

Arachnopeon
Never by anything I’ve kept. I’ve been tagged by wasps, hornets and bees’s and a spider I wasnt able to identify, most of these encounters happened while doing yard work or being out in the woods camping.

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
I have been stung by V. carolineanus and v. confusus. Carolineanus was out of curiosity, confusus by accident. I have been bitten by a lycosa and Gasteracantha.

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Been stung/bitten more times than I can count. By just about any invert that can do so. 2 weeks ago it was 3rd instar T.trivittatus. Made my whole arm ache randomly for a few hours and got a headache. It' more irritating than anything. But always young instars hidden on cork bark

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone has ever been stung on the board at me keeping arachnids 4-over 8 years I never once been stung
I have I 3 species of scorpion that I Handel using only my hands, I've got about 50 striped devils 17 Arizona barks and 1 giant desert hairy. The striped devil's sting I compare to an africanized bee sting on crack, it hurts about 3x more, however does not swell and the pain subsides after about 3-4 hours. The barks are far worse. Granted I have the tolerance of a honey badger now, the first time my Barks got me two of my Barks got me twice in the same night, it felt awful, initial physical pain was not too much, for sure less that a tiger centipede, but it had lingering effects that lasted 4 whole days, it felt like a opiate withdraws, that's actualy the best comparison. Nausea and stomach cramps, I couldn't eat, ended up throwing up bile in hour 20 diherriea, and muscle cramps. I was breaking out in sweats, I felt cold even when I was sitting outside on a +100° day we get too many of here. My voice got really horse and my nose was impossibly stuffed up for the whole 4 days. So when I have kids imma get a bark to sting them and say that's what I feels like when your addicted to drugs and you can't get any after 12 hours. And by the time my hairy stung me I had too much of a tolerance to feel it.

crlovel

Arachnopeon
I've had tarantulas for years, and scorpions for the past year or so. Never been stung or bitten by anything I've kept. *knocking on wood*

NickW

Arachnopeon
Been stung by Centruroides sculpturatus too many times to count. Here in AZ they are everywhere. I've never had a serious reaction like many other locals have reported, even as a young kid( I used to try to pick them up by the tails to show off to my little buddies). Initial burning then numbness that lasts from a few hours to a couple of days and maybe a little swelling. The worst one hands down was being stung on the inner thigh by one hiding in the pants i had just put on.

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How bad was it
sorry just saw the reply. It was crazy crazy hurt like you got hammered on your finger. but nothing like life threatening except the first time i got stung by 3rd or 4th tityus magnimanus , i think it was more like psychological thing though as i was really nervous. Then i went walk-in clinic and said i got stung by bee, he said he can give me tetanus shot but i didn't take it . I was fine next day with little bit of pain left.
I've stung by 2nd instar ones many many times once i forgot to close the lid , a lot of them escaped. Funny thing was one of them was hidden in my pants and i actually sat on it without knowing. you know what happened next..im just glad it didnt hit my 'important ' part of the body as a male.

For the B.jacksoni sting, that was crazy hurt too . I was sweating bit too because was so nervous. Luckily the pain was almost gone next day. nothing serious. Hope this helps..

Sillver

Arachnosquire
Been keeping tarantulas for 3 year and scorpions for 2, got a lot more hot scorpions now so I try to keep my hands away from them and I always use my 12" feeding tongs with anything that has any type of venom.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
"No hands" policy here, always have my feeding tongs, catch cups, brushes, whatever applies at hand during cleaning, transfers, etc.

You can stimulate flight responses with a long object (e.g. feeding tongs, brushes) and a gentle touch add a catch cup of a safe depth and perhaps a wadded paper towel inside to reduce stress in the scorpion. And voilà!

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Yes, but oddly enough not from keeping them. Was rockhounding and on the ground digging in a hole. One ended up in my pant leg. Felt a slight pinch followed by a mild burning sensation. Wasn’t awful by any means though. Similar to bee sting. Species was Paruroctonus boreus.