Anyone else get a mystery box?

Crax

Arachnopeon
Received two orders today. 1 mystery box for just randomness and the other for arboreals only. The contents still have me smiling. Was wondering if anyone else got one today or has ever done one. What did you get and how was your experience?

Attachments

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
So many threads on mystery boxes lately.
I personally wouldn't as I would rather know what I had so I'm prepared.

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
I kinda did.....
ordered one and then when I went to the reptile show to pick it up they asked me what I wanted because they had a female Avicularia Metallica or some terrestrials. I had to pay a little more for the Avic but she’s amazing and very calm so I’m happy with it.

I’ll probably purchase a more expensive one if I ever have enough room again....

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I've thought about it myself a few times - I tend to like surprises, and several of the Ts I've recieved as freebies are Ts I wouldn't have thought to buy but really have enjoyed. And if I didn't enjoy the T, I could just as easily turn around and sell it. I'd only buy one from a trustworthy source mind you, since it sounds like a good way to gyp someone (in another thread someone mentioned that they could technically just send you a box full of LP slings, both a hilarious and horrifying thought). But if I wanted some new Ts and had no idea what to get, my experience level in mind, I'd be down for a mystery box.

Only reason I haven't done so is because afaik they're usually all unsexed slings, and I've got enough of those to go around for the time being. :rofl:

Minty

@londontarantulas
I've only bought one. A £10 box from Portsmouth Tarantulas.

B emilia
D pentaloris
C marshalli
H gigas

I was happy.