Anybody know about Harpogonopus Confluentus?

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
Not too long ago, I collected some millipedes I have identified as the very little known
Harpogonopus Confluentus. It is about 1 cm long, and it has orange plates with a cute black stripe down the middle. Does anyone know how it works for this species? I can not seem to find anything anywhere. Can someone help me XD

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
I actually need help, so it would be nice if someone at least bothered to look at the post.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
I would start with the conditions and seroundings I which you found it and go from there if it's that hard to find info on the net it's unlikely that there is anyone out there taking care of them to share info so I suggest you match it's enclosure to the area and conditions you found it in moisture rotten wood so on and so forth

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Matching the environment where it was found is a good starting point. Leaves and woods near the collection site, etc should be utilized.

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
Thanks for the advice, and I used all of your tips! I just caught two of them mating(one curled on other, mouths together), so I might consider a deeper cage, and yeah! Here's what I did:
I know millis love crushed mushroom, so I fed them some of that!
Also, I am using coco fiber for the ground, so I should change that later. But, on the bright side, I supplied them with a rotting log piece from where they were.
They are so beautiful! They're as small as bumblebee millis, but hey have unique orange coloring with a black stripe going through the midsection. I'll take a picture later.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Good to see you're working it out. Most millipede care is similar; but I've never kept these. Hope the breeding is successful.

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
I woke up this morning and I saw a hole in the substrate :)
I think that is the egg cell! Harpos galore!
Then again, that being said, I cannot find the male, because I thought the female goes into the hole, not the male(?) If the male goes in the hole, tell me :)
I hope to get pics soon when I get a better camera than a regular Iphone 6 camera :(