Anybody else that has a severe allergi from cochroachers

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am badly allergic to almost all common feeder roachers exept Shelfordella lateralis B dubia and blaberus are the worst! I becone really ill! My face and hands swollows up, and other allergic reactions occur!

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I started keeping blats for a bit and I started getting sinus issues. Roaches are gone and so are the sinus issues. I may try again this summer. I’m not totally sure I can draw a direct conclusion that the roaches were the problem.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
I once had a G. Portentosa poop on my hand and I scracthed my face, my face puffed up and turned red and it got really itchy.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Honestly something I e never heard of does the reaction happen just when touching with bare skin or is it being in the same area as them?

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
YES . Its was enough for me to just pick up lets say a dubia for 2 minutes. Then my hand start to ich and get swollen. If i make the mistake to rub my eyes! (It has happend!) My eyes turn red, and watery, my face turns red and swollows up! And i sneeze!!!!! Over and over. When i used those feeders i always had histamine or other allergic pills ready. It finally was that bad that it was enough for me to just be in the same room as the roach culture, for the allergic reaction to kick in!! Nowdays i only use Shelfordella lateralis as feeder cochroach!

Last edited:

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Im guessing i am a very soft
I know of one woman who has died three times so far from simply being in the same room with shellfish.

Something to be aware of. Anaphylaxis often changes over time, usually getting worse as we grow older.

Last edited:

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes i know! Thats why i dont have those cochroach speicies! After 15 years, it became impossible. But S lateralis, and other bugs is alright