Any Unwanted Spiders?

OutsideArachnidsUK

Arachnopeon
I'm new here, and therefore have no idea if I'm posting this in the right place or if it's even allowed, but I was wondering if anybody had any spiders that they want to sell/give away? I'm new to the hobby, and only have 7 spiders which I've collected locally, but I would love some more "exotic" Spiders in my collection! Perhaps something a little colorful or with a unique pattern or personality?

I live in the UK, and spiders are so expensive here. A wolf spider would cost me £15, and a jumping spider upwards of £25! Not even including shipping! If anybody could recommend a cheap website, based in the UK, I would be happy

I would be so appreciative if anybody could send me anything, really! I live almost in the middle of nowhere, and the nearest store to me only stocks brown crickets and they only order in a handful of boxes every week (which are usually gone come Saturday when I go see if they have any for sale), so live food is needed desperately! I really don't want to sound like I'm begging, but I thought it would be worth a try to find some people who wljld be willing to part with some unneeded spiders or livefood.

I would be so grateful for any offers, even old containers! (I am a bit of a jar and plastic tub hoarder, haha), but spiders mainly. If I've posted this in the wrong place, could anybody please tell me where to move it, and how? And if it isn't allowed, could anybody recommend a website that could help in my journey of expanding my arachnid collection?

Thank you!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Got a few million pholcids you would be welcome to. You catch, deal with red tape and ship. N. Thailand.

Cas S

Arachnoknight
I'm new here, and therefore have no idea if I'm posting this in the right place or if it's even allowed, but I was wondering if anybody had any spiders that they want to sell/give away? I'm new to the hobby, and only have 7 spiders which I've collected locally, but I would love some more "exotic" Spiders in my collection! Perhaps something a little colorful or with a unique pattern or personality?

I live in the UK, and spiders are so expensive here. A wolf spider would cost me £15, and a jumping spider upwards of £25! Not even including shipping! If anybody could recommend a cheap website, based in the UK, I would be happy

I would be so appreciative if anybody could send me anything, really! I live almost in the middle of nowhere, and the nearest store to me only stocks brown crickets and they only order in a handful of boxes every week (which are usually gone come Saturday when I go see if they have any for sale), so live food is needed desperately! I really don't want to sound like I'm begging, but I thought it would be worth a try to find some people who wljld be willing to part with some unneeded spiders or livefood.

I would be so grateful for any offers, even old containers! (I am a bit of a jar and plastic tub hoarder, haha), but spiders mainly. If I've posted this in the wrong place, could anybody please tell me where to move it, and how? And if it isn't allowed, could anybody recommend a website that could help in my journey of expanding my arachnid collection?

Thank you!
Spiders in the US are way more expensive

The wolf

Arachnolord
Well I should be hatching a p.audax sac and potentially a few other true spider sacs so I'll see if I can get them to you you can have them for free if everything goes well

Michael bradley

Arachnopeon
What part of the uk you live?? I live in the uk and spiders over here are dirt cheap, and within 5 mile radius I have probably 5/6 pet stores that sell live food and cheap aswell!

But I’m always up for free things aswell :) lol

OutsideArachnidsUK

Arachnopeon
What part of the uk you live?? I live in the uk and spiders over here are dirt cheap, and within 5 mile radius I have probably 5/6 pet stores that sell live food and cheap aswell!

But I’m always up for free things aswell :) lol
I live in Anglesey, Wales, haha. Id have to travel by train just to get to an "exotics" store (Which I sadly don't have enough money or time to do )

Well I should be hatching a p.audax sac and potentially a few other true spider sacs so I'll see if I can get them to you you can have them for free if everything goes well
Really? Thank you so much! How long until the sac hatches?

Last edited by a moderator:

basin79

ArachnoGod

Thank you!
Our spider prices are very reasonable compared to some other countries.

As well as the big online site (TSS, BugzUK etcetera) try eBay, classifieds on UK forums and preloved.

OutsideArachnidsUK

Arachnopeon
Our spider prices are very reasonable compared to some other countries.

As well as the big online site (TSS, BugzUK etcetera) try eBay, classifieds on UK forums and preloved.
Shipping is extremely expensive, and websites such as eBay don't ship their arachnids and want me to go collect them, which is impossible since I can't drive.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Shipping is extremely expensive, and websites such as eBay don't ship their arachnids and want me to go collect them, which is impossible since I can't drive.
£8.99 for a guaranteed live arrival and next day delivery isn't too bad in my eyes. It can be a bugger if you're after a mantis for £5 but it is what it is.

I've bought inverts off ebay and the seller sent them RMSD like the shops do.