Any Tarantula With Curious Temperaments

jack gray

Arachnopeon
sorry I’m new to this forum and the whole tarantula community all together was wondering if there was any certain tarantulas out there that tend to be curious and adventurous maybe even a bit playful in there enclosures i know there not like dogs but I can’t help but wonder if some of them just like being curious about things if I am wrong about this I’m really sorry just wondering

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Tarantulas have a 99.99% likelihood of having no higher order brain function/capacity for social behaviour. However, that said, there are certain individuals who really seem to act 'contrary' to how tarantulas are 'supposed' to act. But, it's best to never interpret this behaviour as anything other than an interesting quirk. It's at least an opportunity for some nice photos maybe if yours is an 'adventurous' one. Handling is absolutely not recommended as the tarantula can easily fall or run away and get fatally injured.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
None of them are going to have the type of curious nature that are associated with Salticidae. Having said that, Homoeomma chilensis is often described as being 'curious', but again not in the same way as a jumper would be.
I also have a Grammostola pulchra female who behaves in a similar manner to my Homoeomma chilensis, in that she is reluctant to run away, will often come towards me when I open her enclosure, and would definitely calmly stroll out of the enclosure if I let her - but not in a frantic bolting way. I have a second Grammostola pulchra female who doesn't act like that at all.
They are all individuals and will often show different personality traits within species. Nothing is guaranteed. Overall, you will likely not experience the same type of curiosity associated with some other types of spiders.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
sorry I’m new to this forum and the whole tarantula community all together was wondering if there was any certain tarantulas out there that tend to be curious and adventurous maybe even a bit playful in there enclosures i know there not like dogs but I can’t help but wonder if some of them just like being curious about things if I am wrong about this I’m really sorry just wondering

Arachnanoob95

Arachnopeon
H. Chilensis is known as being more inquisitive or adventurous. Though it still can differ a lot between individuals. Not all h chilensis will be adventurous. Just like there can be adventurous individuals among other species. G pulchras seem to be somewhat adventurous sometimes.
H. Chilensis are interesting little creatures though, even my tiny slings are kinda adventurous. Always going towards the edges of their enclosure when I open it. Ready for a stroll in the big wide world .