Any species of inverts you despise

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Have you seen the thread pinned to the top of the true spiders etc. subforum? It has a whole bunch of information on making them live longer. It boils down to the fact that in the wild they spend most of their lives in aestivation--they're sometimes only active for two or three weeks each year. Wizentrop has kept species that lived for eight years under his care.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Have you seen the thread pinned to the top of the true spiders etc. subforum? It has a whole bunch of information on making them live longer. It boils down to the fact that in the wild they spend most of their lives in aestivation--they're sometimes only active for two or three weeks each year. Wizentrop has kept species that lived for eight years under his care.
I haven't seen any of this, I don't frequent that subforum much at all, but I'll definitely need to see that!! Thank you so much for this information, that makes me one happy guy! :D

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
I am not a big fan of solifugids. They make me feel uncomfortable to the point of feeling ill.

Can't say I care for wolf spiders or any hogna species. I don't like how they look like they are staring into my soul. Same with black widows and brown recluses, I don't really like them much. Frigging brown recluse killed Jeff Hannemann from Slayer.

Earwigs are pretty annoying, I don't like them. Crickets are stupid (but tasty) and roaches are rather grotesque, thank God for tarantulas.

Hate when moths get into the pantry and ruin everything. They suck, I would feed them to the tarantulas if insecticide and parasites were not an issue.

I also don't like anything that sucks blood off of people. Nuisances.

Last edited:

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
I did a little bit of reading there that is why I was saying I was hopeful about them becoming easier to care for.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I despise earwigs.
Once upon a time, when I was a wee babe of six or seven and far less sassy than I am these days, I was sleeping on the floor downstairs. I woke up in the middle of the night, grabbed my cup of juice with a lid and straw on it, and took a big sip. I felt something solid hit my cheek and reflexively spit out juice and an earwig onto the floor.

Yes, ever since then, I too despise earwigs.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Not sure what purpose earwigs serve except to annoy me.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
I actually like earwigs, don't mind mosquitoes, and love crickets and (all) roaches.

I dislike but don't hate carpet beetles and any kind of fly maggot.

I truly hate spiderwebs. Pretty shameful coming from someone using Arachnoboards, but it's the truth. Pretty as they are, getting a web in the face terrifies me. That said, I like spiders, including web builders (but especially jumpers and Ts). I guess it's a case of hate the web, love the webber.

AusBugKid

Arachnosquire
Ticks. Specifically Ixodes holocyclus.
I find them interesting enough, in an invertebrate way, but not enough to see past the paralysis thing. Their danger to humans is minimal, but can be lethal to dogs. 'Straya