Any species of inverts you despise

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
Are there any invert species that you absolutely hate. I'm curious to see what inverts people who love inverts hate and why they hate them. I personally don't have any reason hate any inverts however, Blatella germanica and similar species I am not a huge fan of. Just because of this species every other cockroach in the world is despised by almost everyone and that is just not fair.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Hard ticks, mosquitoes, lice (although those much less, since it's been a while since I've had any), out of control mealybugs and scale insects (in small numbers I don't mind them). At the moment, no non-arthropods and only one non-insect, but I guess I'll just have to wait until I contract a liver fluke o_O

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I have always had an issue with scorpions. When I was a kid (I lived in Texas) my,brother caught them and would tease me about letting them loose in my room. Then as an adult, I was terrified of being stung by one when I lived in Africa. I used to not even be able to look at pictures of them. I have gotten pretty used to seeing them from being on this site so much and they are interesting to me. To be honest I can't really imagine having one for a pet.

Also- yellow jackets. I got stung by one SEVEN TIMES in the legs and bottom when I was in the garden. It was so painful and happened so quickly. Those things are MEAN! It was also the same weekend I had to put my beloved cat to sleep so that was an awful time.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
I seem to be a natural mosquito repellent for some reason, though I still hate them. The inverts is really loathe are the introduced pest species of cockroaches, European wasps, anything that gets in my face and especially March flies. I hate March flies.

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
I have always had an issue with scorpions. When I was a kid (I lived in Texas) my,brother caught them and would tease me about letting them loose in my room. Then as an adult, I was terrified of being stung by one when I lived in Africa. I used to not even be able to look at pictures of them. I have gotten pretty used to seeing them from being on this site so much and they are interesting to me. To be honest I can't really imagine having one for a pet.

Also- yellow jackets. I got stung by one SEVEN TIMES in the legs and bottom when I was in the garden. It was so painful and happened so quickly. Those things are MEAN! It was also the same weekend I had to put my beloved cat to sleep so that was an awful time.
Well I would much rather be stung by scorpions than yellow jackets. I have been stung by a few that I keep. I don't remember ever being stung by yellow jackets though.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Well I would much rather be stung by scorpions than yellow jackets. I have been stung by a few that I keep. I don't remember ever being stung by yellow jackets though.
Surely that depends on the scorpion. There are no lethally venomous yellowjackets.
I've been stung by both yellowjackets and bumblebees before, but two of those three cases were my fault, and the third case was just bizarre (I had a large dark hat, and they're attracted to dark objects, so it managed to insert itself in between my hat and my temple and think that I was crushing it), so I don't hold anything against them.

Myrmeleon

Arachnoknight
Hookworms, tapeworms, fluke worms, thread worms, guinea worms, roundworms, nematodes, botfly larva, and fungus gnats. Worms because of paritisism, bot fly larva because of again paratisism, and fungus gnats because once a bunch flew into my mouth.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Hookworms, tapeworms, fluke worms, thread worms, guinea worms, roundworms, nematodes, botfly larva, and fungus gnats. Worms because of paritisism, bot fly larva because of again paratisism, and fungus gnats because once a bunch flew into my mouth.
Parasitism is exactly what I like about all of those groups except fungus gnats. By the way, it's worth noting that hook worms, thread worms, and guinea worms are all nematodes, and that roundworms is just another name for this group. It is also worth noting that many nematodes are free living.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Not the biggest fan of chiggers or muscoid flies. Other than that I don't mind much else.

Myrmeleon

Arachnoknight
Update: Trematodes, and maggots ( I just found a bunch in my culture of mealworms :yuck: when some freshman put some clementines in the container and left it open)

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Stink bugs and those false lady bugs. We get an influx of them here in the spring and fall and they're so annoying. They both secrete the smelliest gunk when threatened and they fly into your hair-- ugh.

Also, ticks. Because they bother my dog and that is offensive as heck.

Myrmeleon

Arachnoknight
Parasitism is exactly what I like about all of those groups except fungus gnats. By the way, it's worth noting that hook worms, thread worms, and guinea worms are all nematodes, and that roundworms is just another name for this group. It is also worth noting that many nematodes are free living.
And many others can be parasitic... Anyway that's just me, I have a thing for parasites

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Oh and fruit flies, because when I'm trying to enjoy my wine they keep buzzing around. Go to heck, fruit flies, this is my wine.

Marika

Arachnoangel
Deer flies, horse flies, mosquitoes and ticks. I don't like things that want to suck my blood.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Solpugids - for being such an interesting invert that does so poorly/lives too shortly in captivity.