any Scorpions in Tulsa, OK?

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well im going on a trip to Tulsa with my mom/dad/friend to visit my bro at college in Tulsa, OK. Are there any species of scorpions common around there....if so where would be good places to look??

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think you might be able to find some Centruroides vittatus there. Dont know if they are found in Oklahoma.

For places to look, I would go to a remote area and start flippin over rocks.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
RyanC said:
I think you might be able to find some Centruroides vittatus there. Dont know if they are found in Oklahoma.

For places to look, I would go to a remote area and start flippin over rocks.
yea i was thinkin that perhaps..is there a certain season they are found most in?

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
JungleGuts said:
yea i was thinkin that perhaps..is there a certain season they are found most in?
You should be able to find them now. I found them all throughout the summer last year and last month found quite a few with friends...haven't been yet this month but I figure it's just as good now as it was then. Look around lakes or somewhere else with permanent water. I've found more in places like that than in open fields (though they are found in fields). I imagine you could find them all through the year. You just might have to look a lot harder in the colder months.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Look for C vittatus on open ridges with alot of rock out croppings. You will find them under rocks

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cool, im leaving tomarrow and will be back on tuesday, perhaps i will be back with something new..we will see...

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well im back, although when i saw my bro there in tulsa he said hes seen scorps...i didnt have the time to look:rolleyes:

anyway on the was home driving through MO we stoped in The Reptile Zoo. Saw alot of great snakes, many that would kill...a few spiders, scorps, and other reptiles. Really nice people, really great place,,check out the site(www.reptileworldzoo.com) and a few pics from my visit.
(pics are pretty bad since i didnt wanna use my flash, and the scorp and T pics not worth posting. btw the last snake was HUGE!!