Any one else do this or am I really weird?

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
You are very, very weird indeed.

And this is a great idea that I will steal without shame :D

It took a long time and some heated arguments to convice my wife to accept the ideas of Ts in the house. While she still often expresses her rejection I think she may come around. She started calling the study the "spider room", requeting nicer enclosures and talks about what kind of shelves to get for when I expand my collection .... Perhaps the venom that afflicts us all here is starting to take hold :D

Dman

Arachnosquire
You are very, very weird indeed.

And this is a great idea that I will steal without shame :D

It took a long time and some heated arguments to convice my wife to accept the ideas of Ts in the house. While she still often expresses her rejection I think she may come around. She started calling the study the "spider room", requeting nicer enclosures and talks about what kind of shelves to get for when I expand my collection .... Perhaps the venom that afflicts us all here is starting to take hold :D
So funny how people say they do not like the T's I have but they are always fascinated by them and my T shelf is the first place my visitors want to go. As my collection grows and I need more room my wife has put her foot down and will not allow them in our bedroom at all. I cry to her "but is it my dresser top!" but she does not budge.

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
So funny how people say they do not like the T's I have but they are always fascinated by them and my T shelf is the first place my visitors want to go. As my collection grows and I need more room my wife has put her foot down and will not allow them in our bedroom at all. I cry to her "but is it my dresser top!" but she does not budge.
Since she also sleeps there you should respect her wishes and not force the issue. A relationship is built on mutual respect, compromise and love.

That is why you should bribe her.

A relationship is also a buisiness contract, a play of give and take and of deals, preferably dirty ones :D

You see, there will be a point when she wants something. Something expensive, time-consuming, unreasonable. Something she can't just do without your consent. They always want something sooner or later. This is your time to strike.

When this time comes I sit opposite of my wife, lay back in my chair and staple my hands Montgomery-Burns-style. Then I give her my most wicked smile and just say: "Let's enter negotiations."

The collection will grow! :alien:alien:alien:alien

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oddball, but amusing as well. Wonder if OP is still around ? The thread dates from over two years ago :p

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
Says he was last seen on Thursday, maybe he'll pop in with a few more. Lol

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
:rofl:haha gotta look at the bigger picture you took the time to find creative ways to let her know you love her its the little things that count

Uial

Arachnosquire
I make birthday cards with mine, so yeah, just as weird as all of us^^

IMG_20201117_221014_LI (3).jpg

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
My husband is mostly indifferent towards my Ts, he helps me with rehouses, but that's all his involvement. Until we have guests. Then he is proudly showing "our" tarantulas collection.

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
I got really lucky in that my SO fell in love with my tarantulas almost as much as I did. If he didn't have cats, I'd get him one of his own.
But if he hadn't......well, this is my apartment. If you don't like my spiders, you are welcome to stay out of my bedroom.