Any New Additions?

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Got a Poecilotheria ornata yesterday. She's a decent size, DLS probably like 6" or somewhere around there. She is unbelievably docile and the rehouse was the smoothest one I've ever had. Can't ever get complacent; that's how accidents happen... but I'm seriously still in a state of disbelief over how calm she was. I do think that Poecilotheria in general don't totally deserve their bad reputation, but this girl was moving like a Grammostola rosea... in slow motion.

I actually had my phone set up recording the rehouse but it messed up and stopped around 30 seconds in, missing all the action, if you could even call it that. It's a bummer because at one point I incredulously asked her, "Are you even a Pokie?!"

That’s awesome!!! I have a P. Metallica sling coming next week and I’m SUPER EXCITED about it!! Shame you couldn’t get video! Good luck with her!

WiltedRoseGold

Arachnopeon
first attempt at a fun thread.. ;)

picked up some new spiders recently, namely my A aurantiaca and i'm planning on getting some more next week. 2 1" P cancerides, 1 3/4" A sp columbia and 1 3" 0.1 Nhandu tripepi.

very excited for the N tripepi, I've been interested in one for a little while and am ecstatic at finding a female for a good price.

this is meant to be a sort of who molted today kind of thread, lets see if we can make it go anywhere.. post whatever new additions youve got incoming or recently acquired below :)
I got a G.porteri a few months ago, and I’m looking looking at a C.versicolor

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
1F114D79-14D4-4441-B2EB-AA2FE570A87E.jpeg 1F114D79-14D4-4441-B2EB-AA2FE570A87E.jpeg ED345366-B14E-4006-8166-DC41838D69F1.jpeg

A. seemanni Nicaragua/BCL young juvie.

Thanks for the species ID btw— got the spood for nest to nothing thanks to ya’ll -helps I have a good relationship with the owner)

First pic (with the sponge) is from the container where it was kept at the shop and the second is my enclosure. T seems very content...has already dug a burrow within the hide.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
View attachment 313911 View attachment 313911 View attachment 313913

A. seemanni Nicaragua/BCL young juvie.

Thanks for the species ID btw— got the spood for nest to nothing thanks to ya’ll -helps I have a good relationship with the owner)

First pic (with the sponge) is from the container where it was kept at the shop and the second is my enclosure. T seems very content...has already dug a burrow within the hide.
“BCL” was supposed to be “BCF” — I’m on new meds folks lmao

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I got a mid sized sling A. avic and a really cool 1.75” M. balfouri, almost got a dark color form OBT and GBB, but I liked the big M. balfouri more.

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
Got some slings:
3 G. cf. pulchra
1 P. brachyramosa
1 D. diamantinensis
and 2 C. lividus (withou photo for now).

Marika

Arachnoangel
Eupalaestrus campestratus
DSC07504 – kopio.JPG

Thrixopelma cyaneolum
DSC07506 – kopio.JPG

Aphonopelma chalcodes, who did not want to be photographed, lol
DSC07508 – kopio.JPG

And as a surprise freebie, a tiny Aphonopelma crinirufum
DSC07501 – kopio.JPG

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
2x Augacephalus ezendami slings, 3x Heterothele gabonensis slings, 1 Idiothele mira female - this puts me at 101 Tarantula species. My original, crazy, goal was to have 100 species. I have a order coming in that includes 4 new species, after that I doubt if I will be getting any more (unless something new and amazing shows up in the US market like, say, cb Birupes simoroxigorum - never say never :rolleyes:)

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
4xDolichothele diamantinensis..the transfer from shipping vial to enclosure was uneventful,for all 4.
Calm,curious,and totally at ease.No bolting/threat posture.Just cute little spoods.And with the
crap going on in Brazil,i am excited to have them.

Attachments

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
4xDolichothele diamantinensis..the transfer from shipping vial to enclosure was uneventful,for all 4.
Calm,curious,and totally at ease.No bolting/threat posture.Just cute little spoods.And with the
crap going on in Brazil,i am excited to have them.
omg yess!!! Mine just molted into her colours and I am so STOKED!

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
It was my birthday month, so I couldn't pass up cashing in on that and placing an order top PFT to take advantage of their birthday specials.

0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus Kigoma DCF
0.0.1 Pterinochilus chordatus "Mastov"

And as the birthday surprise, recieved not ONE but the TWO following freebies;

0.0.1 Selenocosmia sp. "ebony"
0.0.1 Phormingochilus sp. "rufus"

Safe to say I'm very pleased with my order. :D

richard buss

Arachnopeon
blessed event here in my spider lair............my p. audax has mare me the proud foster dad for about 30 slings, all separated and eating well

Dman

Arachnosquire
Today I picked up:
1 Idiothele mira sling
1 Monocentropus balfouri sling

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
At Repticon yesterday, I got a juvenile Monocentropus balfouri and a Caribena versicolor sling.

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
Just picked up a 3" Davus pentaloris. Unfortunately it's definately male, I'm hoping I at least get more than one molt before it matures.
20190901_175202.jpg