Any New Additions?

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Okay! Big Scary is rehoused and settling in. She was simply labeled a “Goliath Birdeater” at the exotics shop (Eye roll) but i’m thinking she is a T. stirmi and not a blondi ???
Yeah, definitely stirmi. Goliath bird eater is a pretty much the common name for any Theraphosa, and then some. Thus the uselessness of common names, lol. :rolleyes:

SPYD3R9

Arachnopeon
incoming tomorrow or maybe the day after tomorrow
L. violaceopes
P. Irminia
T. gigas
N. tripepii
YAAAASSSSS!!!!

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Probably because experienced keepers often think it’s unwise for new keepers to rush into getting so many tarantulas at once.
Ahh that’s fair

Probably because experienced keepers often think it’s unwise for new keepers to rush into getting so many tarantulas at once.
I thought it could have been because I was “handling” — I held her over my bed for a second to take a pic as I was transferring her from the container to the enclosure —

I also have some extensive research on each species before purchasing. I’m at five now and don’t have any plans for new additions at this time— I have what I can properly care for at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dman

Arachnosquire
Today I will pick up a L. violaceopes and a H. pulchripes (finally the H. pulchripes I was wanting all along)

ColletteTZ

Arachnopeon
Today we finally got ourselves a lampropelma violaceopes MF after wanting one for years (will try to get some good pictures when we can). I think she has to be one of my favourite T’s in our collection so far, and surprisingly chilled, almost brachypelma like :rofl: anyone else add to their collection today?

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Coming next week:
Ornithoctonus aureotibialis sling
Pterinochilus lugardi sling
Coming today:
4 Pystalla horrida nymphs