Any New Additions?

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
You are correct! I had never had one so didn’t know what slings looked like. We figured this out in the proper gallery. Just say the seller was way off and I took it for granted. Not upset with what I got (Asian fossorial; C. Lividus possibly). However huge difference between the two in many ways!
DEFINITELY a big difference. Hopefully you still enjoy your new addition. ;)

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have got 2 new tarantulas

0.0.1 Ephebopus murinus (3 cm BL)

0.1.0 Phormictopus atrichomatus

Last edited:

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Okay, got a bunch in today. Here we go!

Females: Harpactira cafreriana, Psednocnemis brachyramosa, Neoholothele incei (gold)

slings: Aphonopelma bicoloratum, Avicularia minatrix x3, Pamphobeteus antinous x2, Psalmopoeus victori x3, Lyrognathus giannisposatoi x3

freebie slings: 1 each Aphonopelma bicoloratum, Pamphobeteus antinous, Pamphobeteus sp. flammifera

Not a T but it's cool so I've got to mention it: Scolopendra sp. ‘Robusta/viridicornis

Got a couple more things coming next week then I'm taking a break for awhile (unless, of course, something I've Got To Have shows up ;))

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Just finished getting the following into their new enclosures;

0.0.1 Poecilotheria formosa
0.0.2 Pterinochilus lugardi
20190515_095803.jpg

And lastly, a lovely little freebie P. muticus that i'm already writing into my will. :p
20190515_095734.jpg

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
My most recent additions have both been scorpions. Girlfriend found a tiny centruroides vittatus on the front porch the other night and we snagged it for some photos. Fed it a tiny dubia nymph, researched some care, and decided to keep it.

The other one was a heterometrus species, I'm assuming petersii, that I brought home from Petsmart yesterday. I know I shouldn't buy from them, I know it isn't technically a rescue, and I know that buy purchasing him I only contributed to their business but the poor guy had been there for MONTHS and was discounted because no one was buying him. I buy all of my other inverts (and reptiles) from reputable dealers and as a rule I don't purchase them from the big chain stores but I just couldn't leave the poor thing; something just got to me yesterday and I caved and came home with an adorable new scorpion!

With that being said, it was very rewarding to move him from his tiny critter keeper with only a thin layer of wood chips to a much more suitable enclosure. He explored for a bit before disappearing into one of the cork bark hides, and happily ate a superworm late last night.

Minty

@londontarantulas
B. baumgarteni female added to the collection. I am one happy brachy owner :D @Minty

Congrats, glad you found one.

Pick ups from today’s BTS exhibition.

Lampropelma violaceopes 0.1
Pterinochilus chordatus 0.1
Acanthoscurria geniculata 0.1
Chilobrachys fimbriatus 0.1
Nhandu chromatus 0.0.1
Poecilotheria regalis 0.1
Hetroscoda maculata 0.0.1
Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.1
Poecilotheria subfusca LL 0.0.2

76C60CE9-D62C-4678-98F1-84E8899FE3C1.jpeg 838490F7-F96B-4996-A771-418114D1C6B8.jpeg 00BBA952-FC36-4EAF-94DD-E04FAC66EF98.jpeg B05E0AAC-78DB-4EDA-A08A-7D08D7212DD0.jpeg D754EADA-6183-493C-BCF3-53B6676BCACD.jpeg DD476A47-9FBD-484B-BD9E-946B60CC3492.jpeg CFD6DB34-0107-44A1-8C7D-B4BDA37E81D7.jpeg

The female Chilobrachys fimbriatus, and any female Poecilotheria that I didn’t have, were my main aims from today.

The Pterinochilus chordatus female was a very pleasant surprise to find.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
75EADF8E-D80C-48A5-95F0-80C029AB9141.jpeg

Just brought home this female T. Blondi! She’s been at the local exotics shop where I buy feeders for a while now. i’m sure she’ll appreciate finally having a proper water dish and hide!

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Last edited by a moderator:

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
They look very similar, the most notable difference being that stirmi lacks the hairs on the patella (the "knee") that are present on blondi. Your photo isn't the clearest, but I'm not seeing the patella hairs on your specimen, thus my conclusion. Here's a thread on it if you'd like to take a look! :)

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/the-theraphosa-situation-visual-id.204118/
Informative thread! I’m going to rehouse her later so i’ll get a better look and try to take a clearer pic.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Order I was very excited about, but may have a sad outcome :(

Ordered this 4+" C. minax female along with an L. megatheloides sling and also recieved a freebie C. lividus sling. Both slings are fine, but the C. minax arrived in a full death curl.

20190521_093817.jpg
20190521_094103.jpg

She isn't dead thank god, and is twitching/moving her legs every few minutes or when I brush her legs, but isn't coming out of the death curl. Really hope she makes it, I already named her and everything. :(

Fingers crossed that Hellsing manages to pull through.

Last edited:

Minty

@londontarantulas
I'm glad you were able to find a new lady of this species!
Thanks, me too. :)

She’s also been rehoused in a clear acrylic enclosure that I built myself, which is also the first enclosure I’ve ever made from scratch.

I don’t think ventilation was the issue last time, but I’ve put her in this one because it has plenty of ventilation.

A2B89EA9-5822-4739-B5FB-800A3EFFCF58.jpeg
After her first feeding.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Thanks, me too. :)

She’s also been rehoused in a clear acrylic enclosure that I built myself, which is also the first enclosure I’ve ever made from scratch.

I don’t think ventilation was the issue last time, but I’ve put her in this one because it has plenty of ventilation.

View attachment 309170
After her first feeding.
Looks like she could use a few more feedings, haha.

Do you have a photo of the enclosure?

Minty

@londontarantulas
Looks like she could use a few more feedings, haha.

Do you have a photo of the enclosure?
I’ll post a picture of one later. I’m going to the shop to go buy more coco fibre, to add a fair bit more substrate to it as I didn’t have enough. Will tag you later.