Any New Additions?

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Suspect?! These are pretty darn easy to ventrally sex at this size. If you posted a clear photo of the underside of the abdomen to the Epiandrous Fusillae gallery, I bet someone could tell you in a few minutes what you've got.

What are the circumstances of the purchase that you'd take an 8.5" unsexed spider? It's a very cool species regardless and you'll enjoy the spider a lot.
Just received today. Unboxed her before I had to leave to go to work (night shift). I'll try to get some ventral shots tomorrow when I get home.
Guy online put up a list of Ts for sale and she was listed as unsexed for $150. I asked him about it and he said he was about 90% sure she's a female.

Minty

@londontarantulas
I picked up a Phormictopus auratus juvenile 4 month ago. Thats the latest tarantula. My collection nowdays are pretty slim, and i try to keep it that way, but i have always loved the Phormictopus genus and planning to get some more speicies later on!
* @antinous likes this*

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
A couple small pickups from an impromptu drop in at a little reptile expo a friend was going to;

0.0.1 Poecilotheria striata
0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus (Usambara)
And a little B. albo sling as a thank you from the vendor! :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Minty

@londontarantulas
A couple small pickups from an impromptu drop in at a little reptile expo a friend was going to;

0.0.1 Poecilotheria striata
0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus (Usambara)
And a little B. albo sling as a thank you from the vendor! :)
Three species I really love!

awiec

Arachnoprince
14 new H. sanguiniceps slings from a breeding loan, little buggers are actually quite big for 2nd instars. One went to a co-worker who wanted a spider and the rest are going to be sold off, though I might keep one or two for myself.

StormyMyth729

Arachnosquire
Got my first sling two weeks ago, a g.pulchra...and then I ordered 4 more! They were supposed to ship today but due to the winter storm they're shipping Monday. I'm super excited! I ordered 2 B.Albiceps, a B.Albopilosum, and a G.Pulchripes, all slings! :)

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Was supposed to get:

2x Phormictopus sp Gold Carapace
2x Phormictopus auratus
2x Sericopelma sp. Santa Catalina
1x Pamphobeteus fortis

But one of the Santa Catalina and both auratus were DOA. Yea I feel horrible.

Got a G. acteon as a freebie which was alive thankfully.

I know stuff happens and I shouldn’t be upset at the seller, but I’m just upset with myself. Three DOA. I unpacked them like I always did, over the 100+ tarantulas I’ve unpacked over the years only one previously was DOA and now 3 in one order?

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Was supposed to get:

2x Phormictopus auratus
1x Pamphobeteus fortis

I know stuff happens and I shouldn’t be upset at the seller, but I’m just upset with myself. Three DOA. I unpacked them like I always did, over the 100+ tarantulas I’ve unpacked over the years only one previously was DOA and now 3 in one order?
And on one of the gold carapace both the back legs are messed up.
Aw man, that's just rotten!! Sorry things went so bad, any idea what happened? Bad temps, molting in transit? :(

StormyMyth729

Arachnosquire
Was supposed to get:

2x Phormictopus auratus
1x Pamphobeteus fortis

Oh no!!! That's terrible!!! I hope you get refunded for the DOAs. So sorry that happened, I used to buy mantis nymphs in the winter...not anymore. A bunch of faulty heat packs...lots of dead ones. Absolutely awful. I definitely feel your pain. :(

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Aw man, that's just rotten!! Sorry things went so bad, any idea what happened? Bad temps, molting in transit? :(
Well, when I unrolled one of the auratus the abdomen literally fell off when I tried touching it with a pin (knew it was DOA but was complying with the pin through abdomen rule). The other one had a ruptured abdomen. And the Santa Catalina wasn’t moving whatsoever and was in the death curl position. Temps were fine, best this winter on my end and over there wasn’t bad. I’ve had spiders shipped in colder temps.

Last edited:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Oh no!!! That's terrible!!! I hope you get refunded for the DOAs. So sorry that happened, I used to buy mantis nymphs in the winter...not anymore. A bunch of faulty heat packs...lots of dead ones. Absolutely awful. I definitely feel your pain. :(
Worst part yet I was FaceTiming my gf and my younger cousin when unboxing and trying to get them both into the hobby. Needless to say I’ll have my work cut out for me in the future.

lazarus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
0.0.2 A. theraphosoides
How big are they? I've ordered a juvie female A. theraphosoides (it was actually labeled as Acanthoscurria ferina but that's no longer a valid species and is synonim of A. theraphosoides) but it will get shipped only when the weather gets a bit warmer.

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
How big are they? I've ordered a juvie female A. theraphosoides (it was actually labeled as Acanthoscurria ferina but that's no longer a valid species and is synonim of A. theraphosoides) but it will get shipped only when the weather gets a bit warmer.
They are approximately 3/4"-1". I got the last two!

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Got my first gbb ever. B verdezi, 2 phormictopus Auratus and 2 phormictopus sp south hispaniola. All slings. Never owned a gbb in 10 yearsish of owning t's. Figured I would just get a sling to see how it goes

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Wow, after 4 months of being very good and not getting ANY new spiders, in the last 4 days I've bought or ordered 5 new tarantulas bringing my total up to 58 (60 if you include my wife's chalcodes and Avic avic "metallica morph"). So I ordered an Aphonopelma mooreae sling from Fear Not Tarantulas (taken advantage of their Valentine's Day sale) and yesterday I added a juvenile female Sericopelma rubronitens to the order. They'll be here on Wednesday. From a local pet shop, I bought a 2" Lasiodora parahybana, a 1" Homoeomma sp. Blue, and a 1" Lasiodora klugi. For those keeping count, that means that I now have 12 Lasiodora including 7 Lasiodora klugi.

Minty

@londontarantulas
Finally got the five I ordered from spidersworld eu.

4E7CCB0E-2A00-4ACA-A85F-2C48F58E4F0B.jpeg
Psalmopoeus irminia, female.

Slings:
Harpactira pulchripes
Poecilotheria ornata
Lampropelma violaceopes
Omothymus schiodtei