Any New Additions?

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
I went to the Predators Reptile Expo up in Mesa today and picked up a sub-adult/juvie 0.1 A. metallica (great, now I get to read up on the Avicularia revision) and a 1.5-2" 0.0.1 Pamphobeteus sp. "Machala".

I love the enclosure I got for the metallica. I wish I got that for my adult P. miranda since it looks to be more her size...
You're good on A.metallica. A few species remained avicularia.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I picked up that rufilata a few days ago and will have two regalis slings coming at the end of the month or so.. Seller is just waiting for them to molt to second instar..
I just picked up a rufilata as well. Gets here next Wed.

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
I scored on a 1" C. bertae today at one of my favorite reptile shops. It was hiding all day, but I just checked on my T Room with my handy-dandy red LED flashlight, and it is so perfect.

I know, I know. Call me a sucker for any creature that has hearts on it. :wideyed::embarrassed::snaphappy:

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Picked up a few suspect females at Repticon that I tried sexing while choosing, including: a 6-7" T. stirmi, 3.5-4" B. albo "Nicaraguan", 4" A. seemanni, a 3" suspect male B. albo "Nicaraguan", and a MM Haplopelma sp. that was tossed in for free (random grab off the table, seller got lucky, me not so much.. lol). $60 for the stirmi, and $60 for the other 4.
IMG_7039.jpg IMG_7052.JPG IMG_7046.JPG

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
I got three more LP slings and a pair of H. Gigas slings. I needed at least one example of an African baboon species and H. Gigas is just perfect.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Does it count as a new addition if it's been eight months since I last saw the tarantula in question? Haha. If so, here's my old new C.Minax IMAG0118.jpg

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Haha, maybe in the future if I get bored with all the dark, dull looking black and brown spiders I'll get a baboon with gimmicks like a horn and or bright fancy colors. ;)
Well if that's the case we've got trapdoor builders like idiothele Mira. Amazing blues like M.balfouri and H.Pulchripes. Even awesome golds and oranges like P.murinus or A. Ezendami.

But if drab is your thing, H.Marksi is starting to become popular. Haha

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
Well if that's the case we've got trapdoor builders like idiothele Mira. Amazing blues like M.balfouri and H.Pulchripes. Even awesome golds and oranges like P.murinus or A. Ezendami.

But if drab is your thing, H.Marksi is starting to become popular. Haha
I. mira and H. pulchripes are nice. They'd be the most likely candidate if I get some colorful ones. Just recently I saw someone in my local facebook group posted a picture of his H. marksi and that thing is absolutely gorgeous. If I could find one for a decent price or more I would totally get it. Thing is I doubt I'll ever find one because the choices here are extremely limited. I've never even seen an A. metallica for sale, imagine that.

boina

Lady of the mites
Today in the mail: 0.1 juvi C. versicolor + 0.1 juvi P. subfusca :D - and I still want a celebratory emoji, like one holding champagne?

Actually, they already arrived yesterday when I was at work. A neighbor accepted the package and put it in my garden shed - without telling me or leaving a note :shifty:. Thing is, night temps were around 5°C/ 40F... and they were only wrapped in bubble wrap for insulation. I found them this morning just by accident and then I had to scramble to house them before work, but they did seem ok.
Anyway I'll stop ordering by mail and go back to buying at expos and locally. Something always seems to go suboptimal when I order by mail.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
I. mira and H. pulchripes are nice. They'd be the most likely candidate if I get some colorful ones. Just recently I saw someone in my local facebook group posted a picture of his H. marksi and that thing is absolutely gorgeous. If I could find one for a decent price or more I would totally get it. Thing is I doubt I'll ever find one because the choices here are extremely limited. I've never even seen an A. metallica for sale, imagine that.
Sounds almost like you live in central Illinois. I haven't seen an A.Metallica in person yet. I'll have to buy one and have it shipped. Same with C.Versicolour

Magenta

Arachnosquire
I picked up a tiny B. smithi sling today from the reptile expo. :smug:

*My husband named this little guy Pork chop.

Last edited:

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Made a very special order today for 2 Haplopelma sp. Bach Ma (or would it be Cyriopagopus sp. Bach Ma now??) slings. They should be here tuesday! Super excited to get some more Asian Ts :)

Stella Maris

Arachnoknight
I got 4 new slings today: B. smithi, E. murinus, A. versicolor, and P. sazimai.

I decided to name my E. murinus sling "Terah Tuxedo Toes" because he/she looks like he is wearing little black shoes, which I'm assuming is due to him being in heavy pre-molt.

Not sure what to name the other 3 yet but I will surely think of something.