1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any New Additions?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Venom1080, Apr 20, 2017.

1. antinous

antinous Pamphopharaoh Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    Machala refers to the city they are found near in Ecuador

• Like Like x 1
  2. BoyFromLA

BoyFromLA ‎٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و Arachnosupporter

CA
    Is she doing ok? :angelic:

3. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelist Arachnosupporter

I haven't gotten any yet, but I got 450 in cash for Xmas so my New Years T Wishlist is:
    P. sp machala ;)
    P. sp solaris
    C. cyaneobubescens
    A. avic
    I'm sure I'll add more to the list. Next exotics show is second weekend in January. Or I might order online for the first time.

4. antinous

Get the solaris and take photos of it every hour for me.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. FrmDaLeftCoast

FrmDaLeftCoast Arachnosquire Active Member

Besides a much needed attitude adjustment?...lol. She's the 1st T that's ever been "upset" at me for filling up her water bowl.

6. Keke713

Keke713 Arachnosquire

Got 3 new slings today!
    - Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
    - Brachypelma hamorii
    - Aphonopelma hentzi

Big thanks to @MetalMan2004 good meeting you sir!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. asunshinefix

asunshinefix Arachnopeon

Just purchased:
    -Pamphobeteus sp. Machala, I'm obsessed with these guys
    -Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua" - I love my hobby form B. albo so much that I had to get one of these too
    -Acanthoscurria musculosa, my introduction to the genus

I haven't picked them up yet but I'm so excited I don't know what to do with myself!

• Like Like x 1
  8. wetwork

wetwork Arachnosquire

CA
    Coming next week:
    1 x AF A. moderatum
    1 x 1" H. devamatha
    3 x P. arizonensis slings
    3 x P. audax slings

• Like Like x 2
  9. Andrew Clayton

Andrew Clayton Arachnoknight Active Member

Nice

• Like Like x 1
  10. Clareesi

Clareesi Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

I ordered an A. Veriscolor today and it's due in on Wednesday :) Super excited about it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Seraph

The Seraph Arachnobaron Active Member

USA
    Conglatulations! It is Caribena versicolor, not Avicularia versicolor by the way. Sorry for being that person. I would read this and/or this, two very good Avicularia caresheets (even through C. versicolor is in the Caribena family the care is the same) written by two very good keepers. Chances are, most of the information you have heard is not the best. So sorry for being condescending if you know all the stuff on the threads. There is just so much information that is wrong out there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. antinous

wow how condescending

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. CJJon

CJJon Arachnosquire Active Member

Picked up a +1.5" C. versicolor sling at the Puyallup show today. The place was packed! I was on the hunt for an A. geniculata female, but had to bail as there was just too many people to even get a chance to look at anything.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Clareesi

My spooder is doomed. I called it the wrong name.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Nah, just your reputation. ;)

16. Clareesi

Oh that's fine I'd rather my reputation die than my tarantula.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. lostbrane

lostbrane Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

Earlier today, I was browsing through craigslist, seeing if there were any deals going on, when I happened upon a post for a tarantula. They only listed it as a "bird eater." I emailed the person, asking what type of bird eater it was. They stated it was a pink toe.

Now, I thought oh no, who would keep an avic terrestrially but I asked for a second photo and became convinced that it was some Theraphosa, and probably not apophysis due to the lack of pink feet. Still, 50 bucks is 50 bucks. We made an arrangement to meet at 10 AM tomorrow.

At around 5 or 6 PM, I was in the midst of a nap but that's when the guy emailed me saying come on down. So, I didn't wake up until around 7, and he didn't get back to me until nine.

After that, everything went smooth. Drove to his place, he comes walking out with one of those tall terrariums. It had multiple mice boli littering the bottom and a T. stirmi cowering in the corner (I don't see long hairs on the patellas so I think it's a stirmi, if I'm wrong lemme know). To be honest, it's rather gross and I'm surprised it didn't fall at some point and severely injure itself.

Bit of a night time spider adventure. It's rehoused and seems to be doing ok. I was worried it was going to be lethargic and not doing so well because of the conditions it was in.

ECF19759-E1FE-42F2-A2A0-0C29977FA388.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. Minty

Minty @londontarantulas Arachnosupporter

London
    10195899-AD60-45E9-871C-FA47DA270409.jpeg

Picked up this Brachypelma hamorii female, today. Snapped this while rehousing her. Been wanting one of these, at this size, for a while.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  19. antinous

Shoutout to @Theneil for 2x X. immanis and an N. chromatus!

• Like Like x 3
  20. WolleWolf

WolleWolf Arachnopeon

Germany
    @lostbrane that is a T. apophysis for sure! At this size, they don't have pink toes anymore. I had raised up an apo too, and that is defintely one. The carapace has this special look, too.

(new member from germany, and my first post. Normally I am more a silent reader (because my english lacks a bit), but i wanted to clear up the situation. A great forum by the way!)

• Helpful Helpful x 1