1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any New Additions?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Venom1080, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Wolfspidurguy

Wolfspidurguy Arachnobaron Active Member

Advertisement
    i finally got an Avicularia avicularia and I'm so happy with it its absolutely adorable

• Like Like x 4
  2. MrButton

MrButton Ruler of Straight Lines Arachnosupporter

NH,USA
    In about 12hrs I will be receiving a .5" obt in the mail :D wicked pumped :punch:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Arachnophoric

Arachnophoric Arachnoknight Active Member

Iowa
    Very excited to receive this lovely girl this morning, unpacking her went super smooth.

5.5-6" 0.1.0 Stromatopelma calceatum - she has been named Eris. :)

• Like Like x 7
  4. ccTroi

ccTroi Arachnosquire Active Member

0.0.4 1” Cyriopagopus sp. “Hati Hati”
    0.0.4 1/8” Kochiana brunnipes

• Like Like x 3
  5. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnoknight Active Member

How did the rehousing go?
    Hati Hati! :hungry:

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrButton

NH,USA
    Very smoothly :yawn: it was only .5" so not difficult. And it ate a pinhead roach so it is settling in nicely. :D

• Like Like x 4
  7. Lekage

Lekage Arachnopeon

My sons bday is coming up. He also is the one who got us into Ts. He will be 7, he wants a few different Ts ( I do too), and he wants a scorpion. One on his list Obt (wont be in his room) which I received today along with his Heterometrus Petersii.
    Ah yes the rehousing. I was prepared, tub/enclosure on my desk. I popped the lid, slid the container of the 1.5 obt into the enclosure. Using tweezers, I pulled the paper towels out, removed the dram. I carefully enrolled the paper towels, basked in the glory of a new T, gently scooted the obt off the paper towels. I begin to lift the tissue out, poooof, magically it shoots out of the enclosure and over the walls of the tub (God damn olympian)straight under my desk..... I cant remember if I squealed.
    I then have to poke around, move some wires, and it comes hurtling out at me like this is a robbery. So I quickly put my foot on him to hold his John McClane like moves in check, as I liberate the catch cup and safely return Mr McClane to his enclosure.
    The scorpion was boring.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. GriffMeister

GriffMeister Arachnopeon

USA
    I got 7 new additions yesterday

3 inch, A.seemani
    1.0-1.5, inch B.homorii
    5, 2i C.vericolor's

• Like Like x 2
  9. Joey B

Joey B Arachnopeon

I got 3 tarantula slings about a month ago, a c. cyaneopubescens, g. pulchra, & a a. geniculata. Each one is about 1/2”. The GBB is a little bigger, maybe closer to 3/4'. They’ve been so easy (so far) to take care of & so much fun to check in on each day I decided to get another. So, last night I ordered a b. smithi. I haven’t kept tarantulas in years but my first one way back when I was 13 or 14 years old was a Mexican Red Knee. So, I have another 1/2” sling coming on Tuesday. I’m pretty excited. So, I’ve heard they’re pretty slow to grow. Does anyone have any info on how slow?

10. GriffMeister

GriffMeister Arachnopeon

USA
    Is it an actual smithi or harmorii?

11. Joey B

Joey B Arachnopeon

Actually, I ordered it from Jamie's Tarantula's & after re-checking what I ordered, it says "smithi/harmorii" so I assume it could be either or?

12. ccTroi

ccTroi Arachnosquire Active Member

Former B. smithi has been revised to now B. hamorii. Former B. annitha is now B. smithi.

Common mistakes - all good. I advise you use scientific names as they do not confuse others which species you are referring to. For example: all the Brachypelma spp. with “red legs” is a huge headache when I see someone uses the term. Only a few species are somewhat OK being called their common bc of uniqueness. For example: Chaco is G. pulchripes and GBB is C. cyaneopubescens

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mmcg

mmcg Arachnopeon Active Member

London
    Picked up a Theraphosa stirmi sling today. Happy with that.

• Like Like x 3
  14. MrButton

NH,USA
    Should be picking up a E. sp. Red on Sunday (if they are still in stock that is. Oh pleeeeease still have some!! :nailbiting:)

• Like Like x 4
  15. Deb60

Deb60 Arachnosquire Active Member

Hope they do still have them , such lovely Ts , my first T and still my favourite!

16. MrButton

NH,USA
    Yeah. And at $50 for a 1" specimen I feel is not a bad deal considering I See them online at 1/4" for $30.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dmac

dmac Arachnopeon

Came home to this uh, big, surprise from my girlfriend lol Looks like I'm going to the store in a bit for a tub and then doing some unexpected air hole drilling! Hahaha
    20180505_164914.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Turiell

Turiell Arachnopeon

@MrButton I hope you manage to get at least one. I have two, a momma and her baby. I love them both, and the baby is so curious and finally taking down live prey on his own! No more pre killed for him!

• Like Like x 1
  19. patriotgator

patriotgator Arachnopeon

Got a Nhandu Chromatus sling today.

• Like Like x 4
  20. 0311usmc

0311usmc Arachnosquire

Just bought a 3 3-5" female c.albostriatus from my favorite pet store and just rehoused her with zero issues.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3