1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any New Additions?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Venom1080, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Deb60

Deb60 Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    Very excited today to get an M . Robustum , and few weeks ago I got a female A. Geniclata . Very different for me as I’m a great collector of the smaller or dawrf Ts . It’s easy to get away with seeking in a new tiny T , but with these two I pretended they where two I’d already had that needed upgrading to a bigger set up

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. sdeveikis

sdeveikis Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

Unboxed a beautiful B. emilia today. Very happy with my latest addition! [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 2
  3. dmac

dmac Arachnopeon

Two slings for my girlfriend:

H./E. sp. Red
    GBB

Two slings for me:

B. emilia
    A. geniculata

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  4. kevinlowl

kevinlowl Arachnoknight

KL
    2x C. albostriatus slings
    2x C. lividus slings

Finally got a couple of cobalt blue slings and now my Haplopelma collection is complete.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MrTwister

MrTwister Arachnosquire

Traded my MM "pumpkin patch" back to the breeder which I got him from as a tiny sling. Picked up a C. versicolor and a P. Cambridgei in return.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thekla

Thekla Arachnobaron Active Member

If you want to see it as an adult, you could also start to plan your golden wedding anniversary already. :cool::D

But great choices altogether! :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. dmac

dmac Arachnopeon

Haha I know! She has another sp. Red sling already, so she's aware of the time commitment lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnolord Active Member

Texas
    0.0.4 N. Chromatus
    0.0.1 I. Mira
    All slings and all courtesy of @cold blood

• Like Like x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. lvc

lvc Arachnopeon

Got a package with a female and my first couple of slings in today:

Female G.pulchripes
    [​IMG]

Now on to the slings:
    A.geniculata
    [​IMG]

P.Irminia
    [​IMG]

H.gigas (got this one as an unexpected freebie, so had to read up quickly on behaviour/husbandry before rehousing.)
    [​IMG]

And the one I´m most excited about (please be female!):

Harpactira pulchripes
    [​IMG]

I´m super happy right now. Finally got an A.geniculata (ordered one about a month ago that was doa unfortunately), all the others arrived healthy as well and I basically got my dream-T with the H.pulchripes. Also pretty excited about the freebie H.gigas! Rehousings went extremely smooth. The only little bit of "resistance" came from the G.pulchripes lady, that didn´t hesitate to kick some hair at me :hilarious:. But after giving her some time to cool off and rehousing another sling in the meantime, she was cooperating like a charm as well :happy:. Pictures aren´t that great, but I was focused more on getting them safely into their new homes.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
  10. Arachnophoric

Arachnophoric Arachnoknight Active Member

Iowa
    After years of convincing myself that I wasn't interested in keeping this genus once versicolor were reclassified, I finally couldn't resist any longer when I saw this juvenile female on a dealer's website.

0.1.0 ~2.5" Avicularia metallica

In her enclosure - dry substrate with a good sized water dish, a decent amount of cross ventilation and a cork bark slab fixed with several pieces of plastic foliage to use as anchor points for webbing. The cork bark is positioned in a way that there's a small chamber behind it she can outfit into a hide of sorts. :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  11. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnoknight Active Member

That P. irminia sling is so fat!

12. Death Derp

Death Derp Arachnopeon

I got a 0.0.1 Cyriocosmus elegans and a 0.0.1 LP last thursday

• Like Like x 4
  13. Deb60

Deb60 Arachnosquire

C . Elegans such a cute T , as are the others in the Cyriocosmus genius .

14. lvc

lvc Arachnopeon

It is indeed. :happy:
    Hopefully it will molt soon!

15. Darren0985

Darren0985 Arachnopeon Active Member

Unfortunately not likely to get any T’s anytime soon. My wife tried to get over her fear a couple of years ago by getting herself some and picked them by looks not temperament.
    So she got herself such great first time T’s like three OBTs and a great horned baboon :D.
    Great for me but kind of put her off T’s for the immediate future haha

16. Deb60

Deb60 Arachnosquire

Oh dear what a shame , I wonder what she’d be like with a dawrf T , such as the C Elegans. I’ve found a lot of people that don’t actually like T s will very often be ok with this one as they are colourful, small and cute .

17. Darren0985

She was terrified of T’s before this but as we used to breed and sell reptiles she would freak out just walking past the T vendors. She has gotten past that phase now so I’m sure with time she might be ok. She wanted Scorpions in the house now which is a big step in the right direction.

18. Arachnophoric

Arachnophoric Arachnoknight Active Member

Iowa
    I'm not sure whether to rate this funny or sad, lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Darren0985

I have a spare room unused and full of wood off of the garage with no direct door to the house maybe if I can clear out the wood and relocate the black widows I can set it up as a man cave and get some more and not tell her lmao.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Thekla

Thekla Arachnobaron Active Member

These are the little cuties I picked up from the expo today:

0.0.1 Cyriocosmus elegans
    C elegans1.jpg

0.0.1 Cyriocosmus ritae
    C ritae1.jpg

0.0.1 Caribena versicolor
    blue fluff ball.jpg
    The little guy started webbing already, it took him/her only 1 1/2 hour to construct this:
    busy.jpg

And last on the list is my little Thrixopelma cyaneolum sling, that I already named: Forest Gump! :D Because (s)he was quite the runaway. Took me half an hour and a lot of sweat to convince him/her to finally move into its new home. :wacky:
    Forest Gump1.jpg
    And then (s)he wasn't even willing to pose for a picture. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1