Any New Additions?

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
We recently gained 7 slings. 4 are jumpers. All are awesome! Until the jumpers or male Ts in our home mature, our collection is complete. :)

2.2.0 P. Regius
0.0.1 G. Pulchra
0.0.1 B. boehmei

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
0.0.4 Heteropoda venatoria
0.0.1 Hogna sp. Miami
0.1.0 Gnathopalystes kochi
0.0.1 Lycosa sp. Nigeria
0.0.1 "Pisauridae" sp.

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
Hello everyone, I just got these 2 sweet ladies in the mail. Both are 2-2.5in. Such a Happy Spider Day for me!

Brachypelma emilia
20180403_140511.jpg 20180403_140741.jpg

Brachypelma auratum 20180403_140315.jpg 20180403_140240.jpg

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
0.0.1 3/4” Pamphobeteus sp. “cascada”
0.0.4 3/4” Pterinochilus murinus Botswana/Zimbabwe
0.0.4 1.25” Xenesthis immanis

NewT GBB

Arachnopeon
I’ve got my first old world coming, p. Metallica. Also ordered an a. Genic and got a freebie as well for slow shipping

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
0.0.5 1/2” Harpactira pulchripes
0.0.1 1/2” Hysterocrates laticeps
0.0.1 1/2” Selenocosmia peerboomi

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
I get thirsty after a long day's travel too!

This girl was apparently in heavy premoult, and started the process early Wednesday morning. I found her stuck when I got home from work, and sadly she has passed.

I'm pretty gutted, actually. This is a species I've always wanted.

:sorry::(:embarrassed:

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
I couldn't go long without my velvet black bitey thing, so I've picked up a Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black from Bruce at Arachnophiliacs, another confirmed female. I'm still sad about the beautiful girl from my last post. :(

All scrunched and unsure.

I also grabbed an A. geniculata sling. My Lp needs a challenger for "champion eater."

Also caught the P. subfusca Lowland out and about for the first time. Newly arrived as of Mar 29.

Last edited:

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
At an expo I got:
N. incei
C. versicolor sling
A. avicularia female
P. scrofa female
B. cabocla (a surprise gift!)

Quite an addition to my small collection :astonished:

Aedan547

Arachnopeon
Local Reptile Show was today and these three immedietly caught my eye! A Goliath Pink Toe, H. Maculata and B. Albopilosum! All loving their enclosures as you can see the Pink Toe already began a web. Anyone else adopt new Ts this week?!

H. Mac

B. Albopilosum!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Some Ts will chew on the styrofoam backing. My A. sp metallica never did. Something to either remove, or keep an eye on. It's a skittish but pretty species, good size too.

I'd recommend a taller container for the H. mac primarily due to their speed.

I hope it's not your first OW. Good luck.

Phases

Arachnoknight
I only use the styro backing (or blackout glass) for my p. metallica who is super scared of light and needs the privacy. Not noticed a problem but will keep an eye on it thanks @viper69

As for the whole old world thing.. I dunno I don't really see what all the hoopla is about. I adopted 8 or 10 old worlds within my first 4 months of the hobby. Now I have about 20 of each, no problems with anyone if you're reasonably able to do your due diligence on husbandry and go into it knowing what you're getting into.. be careful.

Got my Hmac 2 months into the hobby. Love her to death. Had to rehouse her up a little to make her happy but check out her epic webbing:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf_qq6YhRth

Also, she is the subject of one of my favorite hunts on video:

.. you'll be good just go with all the old world basics - don't handle, stay alert, and keep husbandry where it needs to be - you'll love her. Esp right after a molt!

:D

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
A 17 year old with a H. mac.
I hope you're responsible and told your parents what type of spider this is.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
You can absolutely get by with old worlds early on if you're responsible, over here in Australia everybody who owns Ts has started with an OW and most are very successful even though they pick the more skittish and defensive species like Phlogius strenuus, it's not recommended but it can be done.

From what I've heard H. macs are very reclusive and will dart for a hide or webbing rather than out of the enclosure which should make things just a little easier. This is one of the harder species to keep so if you can keep it alive And healthy you are probably responsible enough to avoid escapes and being bitten

Local Reptile Show was today and these three immedietly caught my eye! A Goliath Pink Toe, H. Maculata and B. Albopilosum! All loving their enclosures as you can see the Pink Toe already began a web. Anyone else adopt new Ts this week?!
Back to the OP, I bought a Phlogius rubiseta and a semi communal Pygmy rainforest tarantula (Unnamed Phlogius sp) online. Both should be arriving soon

Last edited:

Aedan547

Arachnopeon
A 17 year old with a H. mac.
I hope you're responsible and told your parents what type of spider this is.
Of course everyone is knowledgable of my animals and what they are capable of. Both my parents were veterinarians for both exotic and farm animals as well as humane cops for 10 years. They have never turned an animal down and I dont think they would let a H.Mac be their first My dad has done procedures on snakes that i bet even breeders wouldnt get close enough to do. All in all I would never make a commitment to anything I couldnt provide for/handle I dont know what all the hype is about these sp. crawled right onto my hand easy rehouse, if he grows to become skittish ill certainly be able to leave him be and watch from afar. He started some awesome webs!

Last edited: