Any New Additions?

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Eratigena atrica

Still waiting on shipping for my next T order to be organized (deposit paid), so this spider from my living room wall was rehoused into an enclosure. Nimble little beast.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Just ordered:

Xenesthis immanis juvenile
Thrixopelma ockerti sling
Phormictopus cancerides sling
Update: Everyone arrived safe and sound today. I had to laugh at the X. immanis, I had a heck of a time getting it into it's enclosure not because it was bolty but because it refused to move. It just kept raising it's butt as high as it could and flicking hairs at me. Took me a while but it's in it's new home and is exceedingly bald now :rofl:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Eratigena atrica

Still waiting on shipping for my next T order to be organized (deposit paid), so this spider from my living room wall was rehoused into an enclosure. Nimble little beast.
I've just taken a female in. Genuinely one of the best to watch feed. Plus they're beautiful.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
I've just taken a female in. Genuinely one of the best to watch feed. Plus they're beautiful.
I agree. Seeing your videos actually reminded me how much I enjoyed keeping and feeding them as a kid. When I found one on the wall of my house (she's still fairly little), I figured it was a good opportunity for a new friend.

lvc

Arachnopeon
My new addition arrived today. Young female GBB. Should be really happy right now, but I´m devasted, because I ordered two new Ts, but my A.geniculata arrived dead. Was in a deathcurl in the shippingvial and when I got her out in her enclosure I saw that the legs were all crooked too, no signs of life. Don´t really know what else to write right now. Attached some pictures.

Attachments

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Should be really happy right now, but I´m devasted, because I ordered two new Ts, but my A.geniculata arrived dead. Was in a deathcurl in the shippingvial and when I got her out in her enclosure I saw that the legs were all crooked too, no signs of life. Don´t really know what else to write right now.
I'm sorry that your Acanthoscurria geniculata didn't make it. Have you contacted the seller? Most reputable sellers offer a Live Arrival Guarantee (LAG) if you promptly contact them with proof of the dead arrival.

lvc

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry that your Acanthoscurria geniculata didn't make it. Have you contacted the seller? Most reputable sellers offer a Live Arrival Guarantee (LAG) if you promptly contact them with proof of the dead arrival.
Already did, but this seller doesn't have a LAG when it comes to international shipping. Not going to order somewhere again, where they ship via regular postal service. Lesson learned.
GBB is doing great tho. Saw her drinking twice yesterday so I decided to offer her a cricket. She took it down like a champ :D

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Today, my biggest haul of new spiders to date arrived from arachnoiden.com. I ordered four spiders:
  • Lasiodora striatipes (juvenile female/named "Titania")
  • Lasiodora difficilis (sling)
  • Ybyrapora diversipes (sling/named "Brienne")
  • Avicularia merianae (sling/named "Mary Anne")
They also threw in a freebie, a Nhandu coloratovillosus sling.

Got them rehoused this morning and they all seem to be doing fine!

Here's Titania:

IMG_5020.JPG

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
I got 4 slings at the NARBC in Tinley Park on Sunday.They are all tiny slings.
Pamphobeteus machala
Psalmopoues cambridgei
Grammastola pulchra
Avicularia avicularia

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
In the last 8 days;
1.1.1 P. cambridgei 1MM, 1 adult female, 1 4" sus male
1.2.0 P. irminia all 3.5" juvies
0.0.5 G. pulchripes slings
0.0.7 B. albopilosum (Nic) slings
0.0.1 C. versicolor sling
0.1.0 A. metallica juvenile
1.0.0 A. purpurea MM
1.0.1 A. azuraklaasi MM, 1 sling
0.0.4 D. diamantinensis slings
0.0.10 P. sp Mombo assassin bugs

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
I'll be picking up a sexed female 2.25" T. plumipes this Sunday at a local expo. Wicked pumped. Prepaid too bc there was only 3 left.

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
Not really "new" exactly because we've had them for almost a year, but I decided to go ahead and keep two of my extra B. vagans for my personal collection since I didn't have any yet. They had been nicknamed up to this point, but I renamed them Pennywise and Beetlejuice. :p