Any New Additions?

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
My Euathalus sp. Red babies got here. They are the most easy-going slings I've ever housed after coming here. They don't even seem to care about going into their hides yet. They just want to check things out. Soooo cute!

chilebaby1LR.jpg

chilebaby2LR.jpg

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
I want one of those so bad!
We're loving them so far. They are truly the most adorable Ts we've had (and all of my tiny slings have been cute IMO).

I know they will take a while to grow, but their personalities are worth it. Immediately they did the climbing out of the enclosure thing. They settled in a little, but still will come out of their hides if I open the lids on their vials.

I'm hoping one turns out to be female, but I've been reading they tend to have high numbers of males from captive breeding so we'll see what happens. We're going to enjoy raising them either way.

Turiell

Arachnopeon
I finally got my E.campestratus juvenile female yesterday! She is so cute and was unbelievably calm while I was getting her into her new home. I'll have to see if I can get pictures of her later. I was going to do it once I had her in her enclosure but she promptly scooted into her hide and I didn't see her for the rest of the night. But I'm so happy I finally got her! :astonished:

Jonroe

Arachnopeon
0.1 Chilobrachys fimbriatus from 6/16

And a bunch of insects.
2.2 Phyllium philippinicum
1.1 Diapherodes gigantea

Just came from a convention in my era. Great experience. :)

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I got two new slings from Repticon this weekend. (There were others that tempted me, but alas, there is only so much space!)

Davus pentaloris (1.5")

Bumba cabocla (0.75"): The right image proves that even a tiny sling can take live prey!

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
Just received...
1.0 N. incei gold
1" P. cambrigei sling
3/4" Ami sp. "Colombia"
1" N. tripepii
3/4" C. darlingi
Freebie Cyriocosmus aueri (dust mite size)

I swear the little freebie is so tiny I can barely see her with the naked eye. So very puny.

The male N. incei is already tapping for the ladies. He wants some action!

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
3 x Holconia insignis slings
3 x Heteropoda davidbowie slings
Sadly, both my Heteropoda lunula slings have passed along with one Barylestis cf blaisei sling. Only huntsmans left are my two other blaisei slings and two Olios giganteus slings (which all four are doing great).

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I mentioned a valentines day Tarantula sale to some Entomologist friends of mine... And in total we ordered 11 :astonished:
I'll be getting an A. purpurea sling and a B. emilia sling, would've also added an A. minatrix but they sold out at the last minute, I'll have to look elsewhere I suppose.

I like to think I'm a good influence :angelic:

Quinnk74

Arachnopeon
C. cyaneopubescens (1.5 in)
G. pulchripes x2 (1 in, 2.5 in)
B. vagans (4 in. supposedly a confirmed female)
Last night I picked these up from the local classifieds, all went well until he told me that he put his OBT in the freezer because he just couldn't handle it anymore.

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
C. cyaneopubescens (1.5 in)
G. pulchripes x2 (1 in, 2.5 in)
B. vagans (4 in. supposedly a confirmed female)
Last night I picked these up from the local classifieds, all went well until he told me that he put his OBT in the freezer because he just couldn't handle it anymore.
That's horrifying, that poor spider.....

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
I just got my first A. Chalcodes yesturday from KenTheBugGuy, my little girl is so cute, I love her