Any New Additions?

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Reptile show in Portland, OR today. There were at least 6 sellers with a great arachnid selection. I sold 4 (2 P muticus, a P cancerides, and an A chalcodes)
I bought a female P sazamai, a female P tigrinawesseli, and a suspect female B baumgarteni, plus a Telephonida sp, , a L quinquestriatus, a B jacksoni, a H arizonensis, and a H hottentotta
Good wallet draining haul.

EmilzHernandez

Arachnosquire
IMG_2021.JPG So happy, I got one of my dream spiders, a gorgeous female P.irminia.
I also picked up a subadult female C.darlingi, 2 P.bara slings, a P.murinus RCF sling, a tiny A.geniculata sling, and my first scorpions, 2 H.spinifer scorplings. Im also getting a P.dictator, courtesy of @MathiasVG ☺

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
Got a Hapalopus sp. Columbia "Small" sling today. It wasn't exactly on my wanted list(the large one is though) but I didn't want to leave another show empty handed, it was only $15, it's a nice looking dwarf and now I'm back to an even 10 tarantulas.
I love how even as slings they show their adult patterns.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ordered 5 slings that should be arriving Tuesday:
Chilobrachys sp. electric blue, 1.25"-1.5"
Chilobrachys fimbriatus, 1.25"
Cyriopagopus sp. hati hati, 0.75"-1"
Pterinopelma sazimai, 0.5"
Ornithoctonus aureotibialis, 1.25"-1.5"

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I just returned from Repticon with two new tarantulas.

The first is my first Old World tarantula, a female Ceratogyrus marshalli. (Thanks to @cold blood for the tip that they are sexually dimorphic! $30 was a great price for a 4" confirmed female.)

The second is a tiny Neoholothele incei sling from Pinchers and Pokies (@ErkW). (Watching her tackle this mealworm was adorable.)

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Picked up a sub-adult female T. stirmi at the Tucson Reptile Show today.

Felt like King Nerd walking around with her at the show, trying to find a good hide for her. Everyone wanted to get a good look at her.

So yeah, another species checked off my wish list.

Attachments

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
I got 3 new additions today from evils arachnids at the Scott smith animal expo. 2 T's and one scorpion.
20171007_160508.jpg B. Vagans 1.75 inch Juvinile

20171007_160742.jpg P.Sazamai 1/2 inch sling

Screenshot_2017-10-07-15-30-11.png H. Spinifer (Asian forest scorpion) My first scorpion. I got this as a freebie.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Nice. I saw a couple of larger stirmis at Repticon yesterday. The one that was only marked $60 was kind of tempting, but at that size and price, I wondered if he was a male. (If so, he wasn't mature yet.)

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Felt like King Nerd walking around with her at the show, trying to find a good hide for her. Everyone wanted to get a good look at her.

So yeah, another species checked off my wish list.
Nice! That was one species I used to have firmly entrenched on my "Nope! Never gonna get one of those!" list - right up until I saw my big, beautiful girl sitting on a table at Repticon about a year and a half ago and absolutely had to have her!

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just picked up a few cool Ts 2 P.ruffilata slings, Pseudhapalopus sp.blue and X.sp. blue. I’m pretty excited about all of them especially the X.sp. blue. I’ve been wanting one for quite awhile now.

Gracjan

Arachnopeon
I have always kept snakes, but have just recently gotten over the fear of spiders. I picked up an avic avic about a week ago and I love watching it so much I just ordered a GBB. I like how much they webb. Give me an idea for the next addition

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I have always kept snakes, but have just recently gotten over the fear of spiders. I picked up an avic avic about a week ago and I love watching it so much I just ordered a GBB. I like how much they webb. Give me an idea for the next addition
Well, you have an arboreal, and you will have a webber. Perhaps you might like a terrestrial to complete the trinity?

Some beginner-friendly terrestrial species that are usually pretty easygoing:
  • Aphonopelma chalcodes
  • Brachypelma albopilosum
  • Brachypelma emilia
  • Euathlus
  • Grammostola pulchra (if you can find one)
  • Grammostola pulchripes

@EulersK made these videos highlighting some beginner species:

@Tomoran also has these recommendations for beginner species:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yes. This stunner (Pamphobeteus sp Costa) that came off @KezyGLA. More pics on my thread.

First time buying off @KezyGLA. Certainly won't be my last. Fantastically packed with a healthy T inside.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A week or so ago i got a package of 3 Phormingochilus sp sabah blue.

Today or tomorrow i will be receiving a 4.5" female P rufilata and a 2nd package containing my "holy grail" tarantula...

For the last 8yrs ive been after a Avicularia sp rufa (<-now) ex juruensis
and ive finally been able to add one. Unsexed, but adult over 2yrs old so fingers crossed!

I also have stuff coming from a German import which will be
Female O. sp mae hong son
Juvie unsexed A. sp rufa
and a cpl sp rufa slings.... all should be arriving soon enough

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Arriving Thursday

Selenocosmia javanensis sumatrana 0.0.2 1/2"

Haplopelma sp. "Bach Ma" 0.0.2 @ 3/4"

Phormictopus auratus 0.0.2 @ 1 1/4"

And hopefully a 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria ferina freebie!!

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
On friday I'll be receiving:

0.0.2 Chilobrachys sp. "electric blue" 1 1/4 - 1 1/2"

0.1.0 Orphnaecus sp. "blue Quezon" 3"

Hopefully a Lyrognathus giannisposatoi freebie if not then a Grammostola pulchripes freebie

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ordered 5 slings that should be arriving Tuesday:
Chilobrachys sp. electric blue, 1.25"-1.5"
Chilobrachys fimbriatus, 1.25"
Cyriopagopus sp. hati hati, 0.75"-1"
Pterinopelma sazimai, 0.5"
Ornithoctonus aureotibialis, 1.25"-1.5"
Received a Chilobrachys dyscolus sling as a freebie with the above order. Thursday or Friday I'll be receiving a 3" female P. metallica. That's it for a while :stop: