1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by danread, Dec 6, 2002.

1. danread

danread Arachnoprince Old Timer

Advertisement
    Hi everyone,

I've recently got into the hobby and I've already got a small L.parahybana and an adult B.smithi and am now looking for a good challange for my third T. I think i want another terrestrial, but am not bothered about colours or appearance, really looking for a T with an interesting behaviour. Any ideas??:?

2. Tarantula Lover

Tarantula Lover Psalmopoeus Lover Old Timer

hey

i would say either a tiggerump or an avicularia!

James

3. P. murinus often constuct a fair amount of webbing and their defensive attitude could definitely be considered challenging.

4. Theraphosa

Theraphosa Arachnoknight Old Timer

how about an Usambar Baboon (Pterinochilus sp.)? I called her web head cuz she likes to spin web and carry dirt a lot...
    edit: I must post it too slow...but oh well..

5. Botar

Botar Arachnoprince Old Timer

A. geniculata - impressive size, nice markings/colors, not bashful, and an aggressive eater. Relatively easy to find and inexpensive as well. (from online dealers)

Botar

6. Weapon-X

Weapon-X Arachnodemon

re

i'd get a giany whiteknee look awesome , terrestial, get big , and are eating machines, also have a cool attitude too---Jeff

7. Lasiodora

Lasiodora Arachnoangel Old Timer

NY
    Are you thinking docile or aggressive?
    Well here are my picks: Pamphobeteus sp., C.fimbriatus (webs extensively), or M.robustum

To give you more ideas, here's what I plan on getting next year:
    Arboreal:
    Poecilotheria miranda (if available)
    Avicularia geroldi
    A.minax
    A.bicegoi
    A.jurensis
    A.purpurea
    A.metallica
    Psalmopoeus irminia

Terrestrial:
    Cyriopagopus thorelli
    Any Haplopelma sp.
    Ephebopus murinus
    Any Pamphobeteus
    Therophosa apophysis
    Megaphobema mesolomesas
    M.robustum
    Hystercrates ederi
    H.gigas
    Chilbrachys fimbriatus

Good luck on choosing,
    Mike

8. danread

danread Arachnoprince Old Timer

Cheers everyone, you've given me plenty to think about.:) I'll tell you when i decide.

9. JacenBeers

JacenBeers Arachnoprince Old Timer

I will promote H maculata as much as I can. A beautiful and very unique arboreal. They are big eaters and fast and slightly aggressive. They are a great spider.

10. skinheaddave

skinheaddave SkorpionSkin Arachnosupporter

Terrestrial and interesting behaviour in my books means Pterinochilus. They make amazing web structures and are highly defensive. Very cools spiders.

Cheers,
    Dave