Any Cobolt Blue Pics?

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ooooh purty! My picture isn't of an adult, but it is still a cobalt. I can hardly wait for the colors to appear on this little guy.

Attachments

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Butterfly, you do realize you are handiling a minion of hell there? (OBT need not be mentioned) H. lividum are very mean indeed, of course there are exceptions.
Mine unfortunatley is not an exception
Heres mine...i believe it to be female...

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
s_butterfly said:
lots of crazy pictures.
Wow, mine would bite me about 40 thousand times if I tried that. Are the juvies less violent, or did you put it in the fridge to calm it down or anything?

NightCrawler27 said:
those are very nice lookin . where can i get a pair at? are they expensive?..any one got any s'lings for sale or trade?
Where are you located? You can usually find WC adults for around $40 but they might have a high likelyhood of parasites. Slings should also be fairly cheap, most of the major breeders have them I'm sure. I'd really like to breed mine, but males seem to be snached up pretty quickly.

Last edited:

s_butterfly

Arachnopeon
Washout said:
Wow, mine would bite me about 40 thousand times if I tried that. Are the juvies less violent, or did you put it in the fridge to calm it down or anything?

i didnt do anything to calm her down, she just isnt the spawn of satan like all other lividums. I put a vial in her setup for her to use as a burrow which works well any time i wanna see her, i can just dig up the vial. i use a paint brush to get her to walk out onto my hand. see ..............

Attachments

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Martin H. said:
Hello G_Wright,

Haplopelma robustum, how can you say/know what this species looks like!?!? :?

just curious!
Martin
i think it's still another variant of h.lividum.... and the h.robustum which i found looks almost like lampropelma violaceopes.... and this pic i found it from other site... have a look... :?

Attachments

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Martin H. said:
Hello G_Wright,

Haplopelma robustum, how can you say/know what this species looks like!?!? :?

just curious!
Martin

just saw a pic a while back labled as that thats all. looked like a purpley lividum.

I'm no T expert

Chironex

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
your 2nd T is one of the best i've seen! excellent colours i love them!

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i'm confused, do only the females get blue, or are the mating pics just in odd lighting? I have heard that the blue is hard to see on film, but is it hard to see in person? I really want one, but i am afraid i am building up a false idea of their beauty in my mind.

HEEN67

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Pandinus... {D
I have not modified the picture, i have just put the focus on the glass and i have used a light!...

Yes the H-lividum is really blue since its color is reflected by the light!... :liar:
Nevertheless this spider is very agressive!... {D