Any Ceratogryus lovers in the house?

PelesAsher

Arachnopeon
How many species are available to the hobby? I know darlingi, marshalli and sanderi are [readily available] of the below.

I have marsalli and darlingi but they are still slings. I'm so excited for horns! Their webbing, creative digging, eagerness to take prey and boldness is so endearing. I love this family of T's and would like to collect more in the future.

Please post pics of your Ceratogryus!

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
I have 2 marshallis and one darlingi all are females, I love them they are definitely unique

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
haha, yes they seem to be little turds for photographing. I refuse to give up though. That carapace and brindle/spotted looking abdomen, she's going to be beautiful. Can I ask where you purchased your sling?
Yeah, trying to coax it out for a pic is long :banghead:

I'm based in the UK but I got it from So Many Legs.

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
I'm based in the UK but I got it from So Many Legs.
Thank for you introducing me to another UK based shop. My bank account is already weeping.

I love the look of Ceratogyrus' honestly, the horn especially is just, so bizarre to me in a good way. Only thing is I don't exactly own one, although I think I may try to get a sling at some point as I've heard they're quite good as old world beginners species.

Minty

@londontarantulas
I only have a C marshalli, which is a sling. I've only had it for a few weeks, so nothing to really report about it, yet. I'm looking forward to seeing it grow. Been meaning to get one for a while and ended up getting it in a mystery box.

PelesAsher

Arachnopeon
They are fast! But amazing, i highly reccomend them. Mine are always visible, they dug their burrows along the the walls of their enclosures. Great under and above ground architects.

My Marshalli built a dirt chimney to the directly under his lid. He's always perched on top of it, little creeper. Im wondering if perhaps hes telling me his substrate is not deep enough

Im going to look at many legs even though im in the states.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have had a bunch of them back many years ago. Had a successful matings on C darlingi. Tried to mate C mrshalli but i dont remember if it was success? If i remember correctly, i dont think so. Had C sanderi which i thought where particulair cool. They have the horn bent forward i think. Meerly a small button than a horn. I had a few more like C meriodonalis and some more! C brachycephalus ate my favourite i think, together with C marshalli! Very fascinating genus

PelesAsher

Arachnopeon
I don't see Miss Hissypants (mature female Ceratogyrus marshalli) that often, but when I do, it's worth it.

Shes gorgeous! I hope one of my slings turns out to be a female.

Patrick McFarland

Arachnopeon
I have had a bunch of them back many years ago. Had a successful matings on C darlingi. Tried to mate C mrshalli but i dont remember if it was success? If i remember correctly, i dont think so. Had C sanderi which i thought where particulair cool. They have the horn bent forward i think. Meerly a small button than a horn. I had a few more like C meriodonalis and some more! C brachycephalus ate my favourite i think, together with C marshalli! Very fascinating genus
Is this genus easy to breed?