1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Scheduled Maintenance - Extended Downtime

Please click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

antinous’s Microgreen Thread

Discussion in 'Live Plants' started by antinous, Nov 19, 2018.

1. antinous

antinous Pamphopharaoh Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    So this is my first, well second since I started some seeds two days earlier, attempt to grow Microgreens in an effort to live a healthier life and get ‘in touch’ with my food.

I’m using a ‘Spicy Salad Mix’ variety here and I’ll continue to update this daily around the same time.

Day 1
    63B51669-8F2A-48D0-9145-E3C216AA1B0C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Day 1 pic is absolutely riviting....can i get that as a poster for my wall?

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. antinous

Sure can ;)

I should've at least zoomed in a bit more but I'm a lazy SOB. I'll make sure to add better photos as it progresses and when I get seeds of other varieties.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. The Seraph

The Seraph Arachnobaron Active Member

USA
    . . . So anything new happen?

5. BoyFromLA

BoyFromLA ‎٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و Arachnosupporter

CA
    Oh my, day 2 pic will surely blow my mind! I can’t wait! :angelic:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. antinous

Don’t have the photos but they grew pretty fast and I harvested some after day 5. Turns out I over seeded the tray so I did about 3/4 the next time and it worked better. Tried a little bit less the next time and it worked the best. I’ll be doing it again after a slight hiatus and I’ll update with photos whenever I do start them

• Like Like x 4
  7. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Hadn't thought about growing microgreens before, but it looks like they're fairly easy as long as you have a sunny windowsill. I might have to give that a try this year.

8. pannaking22

Alright, I went with a variety pack of separate seeds from Amazon to see which ones I like before committing to a big mixed bag or individual types. I know my wife is looking forward to trying the broccoli microgreens, so we'll see how it goes.

9. mickiem

mickiem Arachnoprince

I enjoy sunflower, radish, lentil and broccoli sprouts. Also pea and corn shoots!

10. pannaking22

Gave it a whirl and mine were about as riveting as antinous's. Tasted good though. I'm looking forward to doing another batch maybe this weekend. I had a bit of a mold issue in the container though, so I'm wondering if it'd work better if I leave half the lid off and just spray more often?

11. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoprince Old Timer

Good choice! I love greens myself! I grew onions, diffrent beans and diffrent herbs before when i lived in a house with garden!