Antilles pinktoe tarantula not eating

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
a molt is not edible
Don’t they sometimes try to get some moisture from it? It’s not possible that it was balled up and is now a bolus(not sure how that’s spelt)

Molts will dry up and break apart, isn’t it possible it was overlooked

cold blood

Staff member
Some terrestrials will bury it...or anything...but with an arboreal like this, i would expect to see evidence of a molt.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Cork bark seems to really make Avics (and all arboureals) really happy. I always tell every new owner to try to get a cork bark tube that the T can actually hunt inside of. My C. versicolor loves going after crickets inside the tube. And really, it just loves the tube in general. I then glued silk leaves around like fronds coming off the cork bark.

Amy Higgins

Arachnopeon
So small update! I went to rehouse him into a smaller enclosure but as I was taking him out I noticed he was bigger than I thought he was, maybe I was used to him being balled up or maybe he molted and I never realized but I think he's a nice size for the current enclosure. I cleaned out his enclosure of all the clutter and twigs. I have a piece of cork bark coming tomorrow so I'll be adding that in when it arrives. From observing him he seems ok, acting quite similar to when I first got him before I overcluttered his place so I think he's happier in here. Will try feeding him a day or two after I add the bark and let you guys know how it goes. Also added lots more holes to the enclosure

Amy Higgins

Arachnopeon

Heres the new enclosure, he seems to be acting normally now, I've been seeing him drink often, still waiting until he gets used to the new setup till I feed him, any suggestions to add before he webs it all up?

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Some foliage towards the top would be nice. You can get silk leaves at craft outlets for pretty cheap and just hot glue them to the top so they stay in place. Or you can get more expensive plastic leaves with suction cups in big name pet stores.

Amy Higgins

Arachnopeon
Some foliage towards the top would be nice. You can get silk leaves at craft outlets for pretty cheap and just hot glue them to the top so they stay in place. Or you can get more expensive plastic leaves with suction cups in big name pet stores.
I can add those soon thanks! So far he's ignoring the bark mostly but I'm sure once he settles he'll use it rather than sticking to the wall :3 thanks for the help everyone! will update if he eats right or not

Amy Higgins

Arachnopeon
Glued the foliage in today and after only an hour he came out from behind the cork bark it seems like he's much more comfortable!