Anthia Choracica

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey,
does anybody know where i can find these beetles for sale?
i used to have a couple once (bought them on an insectfair 4 years ago, haven't seen these anywhere since then)

this is a picture of a species likely to anthia_choracica, this is Anthia thoracea:

All info is wanted!

greetz

Attachments

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know off hand, sorry, but that is an awesome looking beetle! If you hear anything please do let me know! I wouldn't mind getting some! I've heard there is a beetle website due to be opening sometime soon with some pretty good info on it. Perhaps it will help to bring together more the breeders/collectors, etc.

Take care,

Paul

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
I guess it's from the same family as tiger beetles but these ones get bigger, i used to have a couple and they were about 8cm big, the guy i bought them from said they were "assasin beetles" or "running ground beetles" their origin is South Africa, that's al i know, i really wanna get a hold on these species again, so please give me al the info you can give me.

Does anybody know a site with pictures of tigerbeetles or "Anthia" species ???

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
Couple of pics of Tiger Beetles:

Cicindela campestris

Cicindela sylvatica

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey thanx a lot,

i'm going to mail those people at the UK,

hopefully the're willing to ship them to Belgium!!!

i'll let you all know when i've got them

greetz

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey, i've got respons from UK dealers, only they are way to expensive!!!!!
In a couple of months, the nice guys of ERATO (a dutch entomologic Soc.) gonna get some Anthia Sexguthata, the tigerbeetles from India!!!, knowing them, they are gonna be a lot cheaper then the UK dealers,

i'll let you all know, when i finally gonna get some tigerbeetles

greetz