Ant invasion!! Help

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Little mini Black ants have invaded my bedroom near my flowers. I’m not sure what’s. Non toxic way to get rid of them is. I been trying to not leave Andy candy lying around for them to eat. How can they be surviving up here so far away from outside?
Need to be rid of them .

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
place enclosures in pans filled with soapy water. the soap eliminates surface tension

tewebag

Arachnoknight
Find where the trail is coming into the room and block it off with salt or catnip (several other things will work also). It will keep the ants away if blocked enough and it natural. You will still have to deal with the ones already in the room but they will not be much of a problem.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Blocking ant trails. Distance counts!! One or two feet, the longer the better. The most effective method I have found so far is vinegar. Leave a nice wet patch a couple of feet long. Repeat several times a day for several days.
Right now we have our yearly any invasion, measured by the kilogram of ants per meter. I bought 2 gallons of vinegar a month ago. Not sure it will last until December when the invasion recedes. I've tried everything else you could name including diatomaceous earth and quite a few methods sane people wouldn't contemplate. Only major interruptions of the trails has proven effective.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Blocking ant trails. Distance counts!! One or two feet, the longer the better. The most effective method I have found so far is vinegar. Leave a nice wet patch a couple of feet long. Repeat several times a day for several days.
Right now we have our yearly any invasion, measured by the kilogram of ants per meter. I bought 2 gallons of vinegar a month ago. Not sure it will last until December when the invasion recedes. I've tried everything else you could name including diatomaceous earth and quite a few methods sane people wouldn't contemplate. Only major interruptions of the trails has proven effective.
Oh, how did that towel thing go? Forgot to ask.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I find that sealing their entrances works the best. I also mixed baby powder with rubbing alcohol and made barriers with it, which didn’t work 100%.