Ant formicarium for millipedes?

Chimera

Arachnosquire
So I really love the look of millipedes, but I want a pet I can see pretty much all the time. As they are burrowers that eat their substrate, I initially ruled them out. However, I recently came across a site that builds ant habitats- http://www.antscanada.com/. In their FAQ, they say, "Our formicaria are designed to mimic sub terrestrial habitats, so feel free to use our formicaria for your terrestrial spiders, beetles, larvae, worms, sow bugs, millipedes, centipedes, and all other insect pets you may adopt from under a rock outside."

To give you guys an idea of what their habitats look like, I'll attach pictures. What I'm wondering is could this sort of habitat by modified to become a millipede home? Could I just put the substrate in the "outworld", and maybe a bit in each chamber as well? I would be really excited if I could make this work!

Here are some examples of what AntsCanada has for sale:

Attachments

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
Definitely not a good idea. For starters, millipedes don't need near as much space as ants, and many would not want to/couldn't fit through ants Canada's tubing. On top of this, millipedes like to burrow, so they would likely not even use the formicarium if the above was not an issue.

Chimera

Arachnosquire
Definitely not a good idea. For starters, millipedes don't need near as much space as ants, and many would not want to/couldn't fit through ants Canada's tubing. On top of this, millipedes like to burrow, so they would likely not even use the formicarium if the above was not an issue.
Ah, I didn't even think about the size issue. Thanks for your feedback!

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Millipedes are only happy if surrounded by substrate. Plastic tubing would be too dry/too bright and could stress a stuck milli to death. Molting in tubes is also impossible as millis curl up to molt.

If you want active millipedes try Orthoporus. While they can go subterranean for a month or two they do tend to be out more on average than other species.

Chimera

Arachnosquire
Millipedes are only happy if surrounded by substrate. Plastic tubing would be too dry/too bright and could stress a stuck milli to death. Molting in tubes is also impossible as millis curl up to molt.

If you want active millipedes try Orthoporus. While they can go subterranean for a month or two they do tend to be out more on average than other species.
That makes sense, thanks for the answer. Ooh, that's good to know about the Orthoporus species! The orange-type is stunning!