Another scorpion

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
I picked up a male urodacus yaschenkoi today as well as a "Reptile One" prt 30 enclosure.
Last thing I needed was another terrarium but glad I did, I'm super happy with both, he is definitely the quickest to react yaschenkoi I have here now and to be honest is just down right nasty.
I set up the enclosure with a poly pipe water tube and he has been busy digging a new burrow for the last few hours, this is sand I brought home from a hunting trip in central Aus last year and is the real deal, it's comparable to excavator substrate and can be moulded while damp and sets very hard, plus I hauled 30kg of sand for a 2 1/2 day drive home while the wife winged about it lol.
I will be putting in an order for another half dozen of these enclosures, I like the well the well thought out design of the lid with 3 doors that unlock and open smoothly without the snap, I like it much better than the generic critter keepers.
Cheers for looking - Rhino IMG_20190129_171243.jpg IMG_20190129_171329.jpg IMG_20190129_171243.jpg IMG_20190129_171329.jpg IMG_20190129_214931.jpg IMG_20190129_214846.jpg

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Don't know why those pics doubled up either
Hi,
Glad you were able to pick up a male Urodacus y. Your set ups look great and everyone should be very happy - you included.
Just keep them nice and dry and offer a water dish every 2 weeks, but only for 24 hrs. then remove, they will get plenty of moisture from their prey. Best of luck with your breeding progamme.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Hi,
Glad you were able to pick up a male Urodacus y. Your set ups look great and everyone should be very happy - you included.
Just keep them nice and dry and offer a water dish every 2 weeks, but only for 24 hrs. then remove, they will get plenty of moisture from their prey. Best of luck with your breeding progamme.
Thanks, Ive been very successful in the past with urodacus elongatus but with the last lot of instars mum just started picking them off her back one by one and chopped them up and I had to intervene. Don't know why this happened, I managed to save 3 bubs but mum refused to ever eat again and slowly wasted away which was sad af cos I guess I do get attached, even if its just bugs.
Im now thinking I should have stuck with the tall terrariums for yaschenkoi so they can build a decent burrow, I still like those enclosures but maybe not 100% suitable for this species.
Cheers for the reply, Rhino.