Another molt this morning

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Man, thats cool. I just got a couple of new emps from KellyGirl and the larger one is HUGE. Its chela are monstrous. I have 4 emps now and am gonna put them in a 20 gallon long tank. Hopefully i can get a couple of litters out of this.

Later

Dale

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
You can visualy see the hardening of the exoskeleton, so you can use that as a guide to feeding. Wait until they look perfectly normal and then wait a couple more days. For a scorpion that is near the mature size (or has just matured), that will be about a week. For young'uns you can wait as little as a couple days.

Cheers,
Dave

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, that's really cool. I've never witnessed any of my scorpions molt. They usually molt in their hides. However, I did have a P. transvaalicus molt in a temporary enclosure a couple of days ago.

Those are some great pics. What model of camera do you use?

W. Smith

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks, Dave.

Well, I wouldnt have seen this one molt unless it was in a temporary enclosure either, haha. A couple days ago, I gave them each (I keep 2 in a 10 gallon tank) a pinkie. Then a couple days later, I looked in their burrow from under the tank, and I noticed that one of the pinkies didnt get eaten (I guess the one who was about to molt didnt want to eat) So I didnt want it to die and start to get smelly, and attract mites or anything, so I dug out the burrow and put them in a temp enclosure until I re-did theirs. Then the next morning it was molting. It worked out for me anyway, because I got to see it molt, and I wanted to re-do their enclosure anyway to make the substrate deeper. I just hope that I didnt cause too much stress from moving it right before it molted.

The camera I use is a Kodak Easy Share LS443, 4.0 megapixels.