1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another lovely spider! ID please??

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by Leila, May 17, 2017.

1. Leila

Leila Arachnobaron Active Member

Tennessee
    Advertisement
    20170517_221041-01.jpeg Found this one in the sink as I was about to wash dishes. :)

I put it in a condiment cup and offered it a cricket leg. The spider is munching away. I am going to release it in the flower bed tomorrow.

Any one have a clue as to what it might be? (I live in TN, btw)

• Like Like x 1
  2. AphonopelmaTX

AphonopelmaTX Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to beat @Ungoliant to this one and ID it to the family Thomisidae (crab spiders). :D

I can't ID to genus or species though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Leila

Tennessee
    I googled its basic appearance before posting here, and 'brown crab spider' was one of the results. :) I just like to share my finds with my AB family. Plus, you all can give me a more accurate ID than google can. Lol.

Thanks for replying. XO!

Funny thing is: this spider kinda moves like a crab. It moves sideways every now and then. :hilarious:

(I looooove spring time! So many neat spiders are showing themselves as of late. :D)

• Love Love x 1
  4. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnoprince Active Member

Perhaps Xysticus (ground crab spider) or Bassaniana (bark crab spider).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. RTTB

RTTB Arachnoprince Active Member

Cute lil guy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Snark

The Snark Dancing with the enemy gods Old Timer

Forgot how cute they are. Let your mind drift for a moment. Imagine having two pairs of arms built along the lines of a gorilla that reach to the floor with your elbows bent.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Leila

Tennessee
    I would love to sit one on one with you on a veranda and converse. Oh the profound things we might discuss.. :happy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnoprince Active Member

It skipped legs 3 and 4 day at the gym.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. The Snark

The Snark Dancing with the enemy gods Old Timer

You're more than welcome to wander out this way. Big tree on the left going east out of the village of puffed rice. We'll take our repose on the back porch and speak of shoes and ships and Thomisidae and whether cats have wings as we donate a liter or two to the mossies. Speaking of cats, take the kitten with you. She's got a good start in a budding career as a furniture mover.

• Funny Funny x 2