Another Craigslist Nightmare

starnaito

Arachnosquire
There are so many things wrong here that I'm not sure where to start... This seller is somewhat close to me, but I've never done a "Craigslist rescue". Any tips on seeing on how I might be able to talk this person out of a rehousing fee and get these poor things out of there?

(In case it's not clear, all four Ts are kept in these same, ridiculous setups, even the terrestrials. Ugh.)

Screenshot_20180319-133834.jpg Screenshot_20180319-133812.jpg

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
'Choco', instead of 'Chaco'. Like Kellogg's Coco Pops? :angelic:

Sometimes I fail to realize if they are really so much uneducated about the care, or if there's a sort of 'every error you can add is welcome' underground championship, maybe promoted by Backwater Reptiles, ih ih :playful:

:troll:

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
First off that's just sad how ignorant the owner is...

Are you actually asking how to get the seller to give you the Ts for free? Because that's highly unlikely lol, at best you can negotiate the price.

Lithobius

Arachnosquire
Yeah if the enclosures are included it will definitely be higher since those look like zoo med bugariums which go for between 20-30$ each so that would add $80-120 minimum if they want market value for them, which they might because they're "all set up."

Sounds like they're expecting offers if they didn't specify.

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
I live really close to Prospect, but I wouldn't want the enclosures and I'm guessing they want too much.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
There are so many things wrong here that I'm not sure where to start... This seller is somewhat close to me, but I've never done a "Craigslist rescue". Any tips on seeing on how I might be able to talk this person out of a rehousing fee and get these poor things out of there?

(In case it's not clear, all four Ts are kept in these same, ridiculous setups, even the terrestrials. Ugh.)

View attachment 270002 View attachment 270003
What the hecc even is that enclosure is that MULCH!?!? AS SUBSTRAIGHT!?!? and why is that the only enclosure listed for multiple Ts are they keeping multiple Ts together!?

starnaito

Arachnosquire
What the hecc even is that enclosure is that MULCH!?!? AS SUBSTRAIGHT!?!? and why is that the only enclosure listed for multiple Ts are they keeping multiple Ts together!?
No, there are 4 separate enclosures for each T, but they all have the same setup. The owner is at least intelligent enough to keep them apart... And, yep, that sure looks like mulch. Also a large metal water dish (looks like a dog bowl?) with a sponge in it, and the seller wants the price to include all of that.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
It never hurts to make an offer.... sometimes sellers just want to clear everything ......it' not always about the money. Sometimes it' just about getting the space back... but they still want the animals going to a good home.
Rare I know,,, but I've experienced it several times

starnaito

Arachnosquire
Just texted them. Here's their response:

View attachment 270108
Are you planning to pick them up? Hope someone knowledgeable got the others. I reached out by email and didn't hear back yet. I'd take the Chaco without the enclosure, but my roommate won't allow me to have Old Worlds, so can't help with the other.

octaJon

Arachnopeon
Are you planning to pick them up? Hope someone knowledgeable got the others. I reached out by email and didn't hear back yet. I'd take the Chaco without the enclosure, but my roommate won't allow me to have Old Worlds, so can't help with the other.
More curious than anything, though I'm in Ohio. But no, not planning on it. I added additional texts to prev post.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just ask him, about his "rehousing fee", which is really a FOR SALE fee. If s/he won't give up on him, just report the add. I base this because I thought people weren't supposed to SELL animals on CL.

octaJon

Arachnopeon
70$ for a Chaco?? That's a rip off. A person would be either ignorant OR just full of money they can burn it to heat their home to buy that Chaco at that price.
My sentiment exactly esp. for an unsexed specimen