Animal Plastics cages

dmac

Arachnopeon
So I did a search and browsed a couple of posts on here to see if anyone has these as I'm looking to upgrade my Ball Python and Cal King to more spacious enclosures. I have a couple of questions though for folks who have them or have had them.

1) Did you opt for any of the heating or lighting add-ons AP offers? If yes, satisfied?
2) If not, how did you go about providing heating and lighting?

I'm thinking I'll stack a pair for my snakes and was considering the belly heat and fluorescent light options. Just curious what other folk's experiences were with these.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I have my BRB in one and opted for the light. Overall I'm satisfied with her home. The only thing I suggest is buying a couple extra light bulbs. For heating I went to Pro Products and purchased a radiant heat panel.

dmac

Arachnopeon
I have my BRB in one and opted for the light. Overall I'm satisfied with her home. The only thing I suggest is buying a couple extra light bulbs. For heating I went to Pro Products and purchased a radiant heat panel.
Thanks for the suggestions. I actually found a local guy who makes PVC cages and plan to buy from him. Two week turn around compared to 12 weeks eith AP. The size I want is 48x24x15 inches. How big is your BRB's cage? Do you mind sharing how much your RHP from Pro Products cost? I was thinking of going with Reptile Basics, just not sure yet on size (40 or 80 watt). What type of thermstat do you have? Do you know if it has to be proportional or can it just be on/off? Thanks!

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Thanks for the suggestions. I actually found a local guy who makes PVC cages and plan to buy from him. Two week turn around compared to 12 weeks eith AP. The size I want is 48x24x15 inches. How big is your BRB's cage? Do you mind sharing how much your RHP from Pro Products cost? I was thinking of going with Reptile Basics, just not sure yet on size (40 or 80 watt). What type of thermstat do you have? Do you know if it has to be proportional or can it just be on/off? Thanks!
She is in a 48*24*24, if I remember correctly the RHP was around $150. I'm not familiar with Reptile Basics products. I use a Herpstat 2 proportional thermostat. The only reason I have the 2 is to help monitor humidity since Rainbows need it higher. The Herpstat Intro or 1 would be ok for each of your snakes, individually. I believe they make a unit that could control both temperatures for you so you didn't have to buy multiples.
I forgot about the long wait for APC honestly. I think total time for mine was 14 weeks in fact. Luckily I was able to make it work with the aquarium she was in prior.

Scolipede

Arachnopeon
I got an AP cage with a divider in it for my two leopard geckos, and I got the built in LED strip in the back. It provides the most lighting in the back and has a darker gradient towards the front since it's submerged in the plastic a bit. I'm happy with it though- it's not too bright that it bothers the geckos and it works for the live plants I have as long as they're in the back. For heating I got an Exo Terra substrate heater and it works really well. I was worried it would be hard for the heat to get through the bottom but it definitely does! The pad just has to run a little hotter

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Head over to the ball pythons forum site—- far more answers there.