Androctonus Australis Hector Morphs

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Just wanted to share some comparison pics of both my Hector Locals

I obtained the Tunisia recently as said (6i)
& the moroccos at (5i) and have molted once in my care

In a Side by side comparison the only differences i can find in both my specimens and others ive seen in pictures, the morocco local has noticeably more black in its claws and the last few segments of the metosoma..
The tunisia local i have is much larger than the morocco local, its metosoma is much thicker already as the morocco hasnt grown into its "thick tail" yet. of course size in different specimens may very, however this is a very noticeable size difference.

Androctonus Australis Hector Morph (Tunisia) 6i
FB_IMG_1520173794327.jpg FB_IMG_1520174088945.jpg
Androctonus Australis Hector Morph (Morocco) 6i FB_IMG_1520173054092.jpg FB_IMG_1520173251750.jpg

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Drew,

Great looking animals as always!! The locale size differences are pretty interesting...

Cheers,

Rob

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yea both my 1.1 moroccos are in pre molt. Going to be interesting to see a size comparison then, and seeing how much of the black holds in the metosoma at maturity

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
always wanted to have those moroccan hector ones. but i was reading somewhere that moroccan ones were bigger than tunisia ones. maybe i was reading wrong or something.
I still do love hectors from Tunisia but as you said, the black color on pedipalps and at the end of segments gets faded , especially adult female i found out . Regardless, these are my fav ever. I used to have a dream that i would create australis hector farm in my place when i got them first time 10 yrs ago. seriously. lol

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
always wanted to have those moroccan hector ones. but i was reading somewhere that moroccan ones were bigger than tunisia ones. maybe i was reading wrong or something.
I still do love hectors from Tunisia but as you said, the black color on pedipalps and at the end of segments gets faded , especially adult female i found out . Regardless, these are my fav ever. I used to have a dream that i would create australis hector farm in my place when i got them first time 10 yrs ago. seriously. lol
Yea ive noticed that a lot in females also... interesting, im really curious to see how much the black holds in a mature morocco hector... when i got my first hectors i had the same mind set! Lol i wanted to be the CB hector master lolol

Daniel Edwards

Arachnoknight
Yea ive noticed that a lot in females also... interesting, im really curious to see how much the black holds in a mature morocco hector... when i got my first hectors i had the same mind set! Lol i wanted to be the CB hector master lolol
I used to be able to get them in routinely. Big gorgeous yellows with or without whisps of smoke colors. Good find!

Daniel Edwards

Arachnoknight
... just got 2 Tunisia australis and 2 Egypt amoreuxi!
The australis eat great but these amoreuxi's are skittish as hell!

Jennybeans1107

Arachnopeon

In a Side by side comparison the only differences i can find in both my specimens and others ive seen in pictures, the morocco local has noticeably more black in its claws and the last few segments of the metosoma..
The tunisia local i have is much larger than the morocco local, its metosoma is much thicker already as the morocco hasnt grown into its "thick tail" yet. of course size in different specimens may very, however this is a very noticeable size difference.

View attachment 268337 View attachment 268338
Androctonus Australis Hector Morph (Morocco) 6i View attachment 268339 View attachment 268340
Wow I want one!

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince

View attachment 268337 View attachment 268338
Androctonus Australis Hector Morph (Morocco) 6i View attachment 268339 View attachment 268340
Would you happen to know which specimen is more rare ?