1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And another T stirmi on its way :)

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Rittdk01, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Rittdk01

Rittdk01 Arachnoknight Active Member

Indiana
    Advertisement
    I just purchased a 2" captive bred T stirmi from Jaimes Tarantulas. Really decent shipping price with lag. $102 for everything, which is a great deal.

I love my big adult T stirmi, Doomsday, but wanted a smaller one so I know how old it is. I bought a Juvie male from an expo last Halloween that I was pretty excited about. Three weeks later I had to put him in the freezer because he had nematodes. Only death to date in my tarantula keeping pastime and honestly made me bummed about all of it for awhile. Wasn't gonna get a wild caught T stirmi again, and captive bred were really reasonable on that site. I will post pics of the new beast when I get him :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Gloomcookie

Gloomcookie Arachnopeon

Nice! I am planning to get one from there too. Looking forward to seeing pics when you get the new addition :happy:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Walker253

Walker253 Arachnobaron Active Member

I have a 6" cb female T stirmi coming Friday. Pretty excited

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  4. 14pokies

14pokies Arachnoprince Active Member

I love seeing people buying this species.. They are so damn impressive.. I'm also happy you guys aren't making the same mistake I did.. I waited almost two decades to pick one up. Well two actually ;)..

• Like Like x 5
  5. 14pokies

Just a tip. Don't let there bulk fool you.. They move like chilos when they want to and those long legs mean they can cover an impressive amount of space real fast! My just about 8 inch girl makes sport out of catching me being complacent.. She's a real handfull!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Rittdk01

Indiana
    I only waited a little over two years before I got my big girl. I love looking at all my different tarantulas, but Doomsday is my favorite by a wide margin. I'm going to love raising a young one. Now I need to come up with a name that compliments Doomsday.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 14pokies

Kim Jong Un :jawdrop:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Walker253

Walker253 Arachnobaron Active Member

You're getting me fired up to receive my first. Friday can't come quick enough

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I have a sub adult pair, I think they'll be at their final molt maybe next molt....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Btw do you by any chance if Jamie has any sexed female stirmi's? And congrats on ur new purchase!

11. Post pics :D make me jelealous xD

• Like Like x 1
  12. You wouldn't by any chance he selling the female?

13. Holy cow I made a couple grammatical mistakes :/ sorry type so fast :D

14. Congrats to both of you with new stirmis on the way! Post some pix of the new arrivals! :watching:

15. If I knew how to pack and ship tarantulas I wouldve make a deal with you on both but unfortunately I don't and I see you live in New York City and I live in Arizona.

However if you check the classifieds on this site you might be able to find a female for a good price

Also check Craigslist in New York City but before you give anyone money off Craigslist make sure their Tarantula is very healthy/alert etc!

16. Rittdk01

Indiana
    There were no sexed T stirmis on her site. I do see them from time to time on this sites but/sell/trade forum.

17. Rittdk01

Indiana
    Unpacked a few minutes ago. Put in his enclosure and threw in a giant meal worm. Jumped all over it :) I would say he's got a small abdomen. 1505336954423-1267586751.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. StampFan

StampFan Arachnopeon Active Member

Calgary
    What sort of enclosure are you using for your big stirmi?

19. Rittdk01

Indiana
    A Rubbermaid tub with the top replaced with crystal clear acrylic. To get the ventilation and keep the moisture up they probably work the best

20. StampFan

StampFan Arachnopeon Active Member

Calgary
    What size Rubbermaid if you don't mind me asking? Just trying to get a feel for what one might use for that sized T. I already agree with your Bugarium size for smaller aboreals.