1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An update on one of my dogs

Discussion in 'Not So Spineless Wonders' started by PanzoN88, Jul 17, 2018.

1. PanzoN88

PanzoN88 Arachnobaron Active Member

Ohio
    Advertisement
    Buddy, my 12 year old shih tzu has every disease you can possibly think of. He has had 9 surgeries and is still here.

The world revolves around buddy and I am but his pawn.

20180717_210346.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
  2. Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere Arachnoprince Active Member

CT
    Glad he's still on this earth, he's a warrior!

3. PanzoN88

Ohio
    Oh, did I forget to mention he can't get excited anymore because of his heart. If he gets too excited he starts coughing and dry heaving. It doesn't stop him, as he is stubborn.

• Sad Sad x 2
  4. PanzoN88

Ohio
    Buddy is always photogenic, so I would take some pictures of him. Note: I'm scratching his ears as I type this.

20180726_124512.jpg 20180726_124359.jpg 20180726_124454.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  5. PanzoN88

Ohio
    He just died seconds ago.

• Sad Sad x 6
  6. PanzoN88

Ohio
    For those who don't have access to the watering hole, he has been buried. The missionaries at my church (LDS) offered to bury him so they did. That was the ultimate gesture of kindness I've ever experienced.

I really do miss my little Buddy. He slept next to me every night for the last 12 years (well 11, he was hard to crate train.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Koshek

Koshek Arachnopeon

England
    What a cute looking pup. Very sad to hear about his passing, as my own guy passed in July and I miss him every single day like nothing else. Also, that was a very lovely offer and action for the missionaries to take, glad you got that kindness in what would be such a turbulent time.

• Award Award x 1
  8. BoyFromLA

BoyFromLA ‎٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و Arachnosupporter

CA
    Noooooooo!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. PanzoN88

Ohio
    Little more than 24 hrs later, I still can't believe he is gone.

10. basin79

basin79 Arachnoking Active Member

I'm unsure if this is the first best mate you've lost.

I won't sugar coat it but please read until the end.

It will get worse for you in the next few days. Then will plateau. After a good few months you'll be able to look back and smile at the memories. Although don't be surprised if you still have a good cry from time to time. I still have the odd cry over Samson my Bullmastiff who died 19th August last year.

11. PanzoN88

Ohio
    I've lost two already (chihuahua puppy died of parvo in 2014, shepherd/husky mix puppy died from being poisoned by some kids in the neighborhood in 2016), but this is the hardest one yet, due to the fact he has been my companion since I was 13. I still have my 13 year old chihuahua mix that I've had since january of '06.

The worst is setting in already and unrestrained.

• Sad Sad x 1
  12. basin79

Well from losing 2 best mates, Merlin 16 and Samson 9 I can only type that after the unfathomable pain it does get easier.

I'm unsure on your particular circumstances but I couldn't cope without a best mate in my house. It was empty. I now have Typhon. It's not a betrayal. It's giving another dog the chance of a phenomenonal life.

13. PanzoN88

Ohio
    I do want to get another dog, a shih tzu probably not, really looking for a pit bull, boxer, rottweiler, or minature pinscher.

• Like Like x 1
  14. basin79

Well start looking when you feel ready. Although I have to ask who a miniature pinscher and not a Doberman pinscher? It can't be due to the size.

15. PanzoN88

Ohio
    My uncle used to have one, when i would visit him in my toddler years that little thing would attack anybody who came near me. I like dobermans as well. What am I talking about, I love all dogs.

• Love Love x 1
  16. PanzoN88

Ohio
    Found out my aunt is having a stepping stone/headstone created and sent over from Georgia (state).

17. Teal

Teal Arachnoking Active Member

Miniature Pinschers are not miniature Dobermans... they are two completely different breeds There is also a German Pinscher, completely unrelated. "Pinscher" is more a landrace term, like "Terrier."

I'm sorry for your loss ): It is so hard because they just don't live long enough.

As American Pit Bull Terriers are my breed, I have to comment on that and say if you do decide to get one, go with a GOOD breeder whose dogs have stable, proper temperaments... don't buy into the "it's all in how you raise them" nonsense. Dog and animal aggression are normal and should be managed properly- These traits cannot be trained or loved out. Puppies are often friendly with other animals and drive doesn't start until maturity (usually aroumd 2 years old)... so don't be fooled thinking a puppy is going to stay animal friendly forever. These dogs also should NOT be fearful, shy, skittish, etc. People make excuses for dogs with poor temperaments, such as "They must have been abused" or "They just need time to warm up to new people" - Those are HUGE red flags! As terriers, they should be bold, courageous, funny, and loving. Don't settle for anything less!