An Opossum on our Back Porch!?

Beedrill

Arachnoknight
Check this little guy out!

We were just sitting in the living room all quiet like when we started hearing cluttering and shuffling out on the back porch. Last summer we had a resident raccoon that would come up to the porch and break into the bird seed, so we assumed it was him again. However, to my surprise, when I turned on the light and pulled back the curtains, there was a young opossum just sitting there as tranquil as can be. He too had broken into the bird seed, but unlike the raccoon, he didn't seem to be the least bit concerned about our presence. So I took some pictures and a video (couldn't figure out how to upload video though). He cared so little, that he even let me open the door and talk to him.

As of me writing this, he's still crunching away at the bird seed right outside. I figure the birds can share. Super cute!
ENJOY!

Attachments

Beedrill

Arachnoknight
Sorry. I got lost.

PS-would it hurt to leave a bit of cat-food out there?
Yeah, I actually immediately thought of you since we've been talking on here XD.

Personally, I would love to give the little guy a bowl of grain free dog food that we have sitting in the garage for if we ever find lost dogs. However, my wife insisted that I not feed him. (But since he was such a tame little guy and I couldn't resist that pointy little nose and weird hand-feet, I totally snuck him a nice piece of leftover chicken.)
I know you're not supposed to feed wild animals and all, but he's just a little opossum... and it's cold outside... I dunno. I'm conflicted.

Beedrill

Arachnoknight
Well now I'm thoroughly perplexed. We looked outside again tonight, but this time there was an entirely different opossum! It was much bigger and significantly mire frightened by us, so I didn't take any photos. I guess the other one passed the word on? Not sure. I'm hoping to see the little one again still. I left both of them a little snack just in case.

Beedrill

Arachnoknight
Well I've been keeping an eye out for them, but haven't seen them again. Kinda sad about that, but we'll see. We have had some unfreindly weather recently though. Rain, cold drizzle, extreme winds; hopefully the little guys are hunkered down somewhere.

For anyone who doesn't live in Oklahoma, we had a record high of like 83 or something on Wednesday followed by 3 days of at or near freezing precipitation days... our weather is insane.