1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Scheduled Maintenance - Extended Downtime

Please click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

an emp on pinky diet only?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by JungleGuts, May 22, 2006.

1. JungleGuts

JungleGuts Arachnoprince Old Timer

Advertisement
    not planing on doing this but how would an emp do on a pinky mouse only diet and how often do you think they would eat one?

2. BaronFel181

BaronFel181 Arachnosquire Old Timer

Give it one every couple weeks if it will eat one. Some of my scorps look at a pinky like its an alien or something.

3. JungleGuts

would you think it would be healthy for the scorp?

4. canadianscorp

canadianscorp Arachnodemon

One question : why?? crickets, or roaches are much cleaner and easier source of food for scorps. i can see maybe curiosity might provoke someone to doing it once , just to see this. but a whole diet?, dont see why somebody would do that. just my opinion.

cheers, steve

5. JungleGuts

never said im planing on it just woundering about it, my emps main food source will def. be crickets.

6. canadianscorp

canadianscorp Arachnodemon

Jungle,

i would say it probably isnt too healthy to feed just pinkies. i try to feed some different things every now and then in a scorps diet. Seeing as how in the wild they wouldnt be feeding on the same thing every day. but i too mostly just feed crickets , other than the occasional roach or mealworm;)

cheers, steve

7. cashewman1

cashewman1 Arachnobaron

WI
    Im thinking a pinky diet would be very unhealthy am i wrong? Theres a lot of fat in infant mammals, and lots of fat isnt good for a scorp, really u need variation in the diet, i feed 1 pinky to each scorp vvvvvveeeery occasionally, otherwise i stick to crix and super worms. If they were to eat just that then probly once a week or once every 2 depending on the pinky size.

8. Cheshire

Cheshire Arachnoking Old Timer

Iowa
    <pops a beer open after realizing nothing else is on TV>

9. CopperInMyVeins

CopperInMyVeins Arachnolord

Also there's all that calcium, which they don't really need, and no chitin, which they would get with other arthropods.

10. G. Carnell

G. Carnell Arachnoemperor Old Timer

EU
    ive fed some of my scorps on the same sp of cricket for their whole lifes, theyre perfectly fine...

11. would a 3" scorp eat a pinky? or is this too small?

12. thesupermonkey

thesupermonkey Arachnosquire Old Timer

From what I've read verts have a great deal of lipids which can kill your scorp in large doses. So best bet is not to overdue it on the mice. One every month or so should be more than enough.

13. cashewman1

cashewman1 Arachnobaron

WI
    A pinky is more or less a Huuuge more tasty cricket and wont harm your scorp so the only way to find out is to toss one in and see what your scorp does.

14. Normski2020uk

Normski2020uk Arachnolord Old Timer

I think you will find that once you feed a pinky to your scorp (even a large one) they will resemble a barage ballone for some time, and you can safely leave them a month or so with out feeding them until they shrink to normal size. I offer my scorps a treat every 6 months or so, a pinky, large spiderling, hissing roach. I would not say its unhealthy to feed your scorp on 1 food source, but it cant be to health ither. I swop and change, my primary feeders are Crickets, i aslo use roaches, locust, waxworms, meal worms, spiders (they realy like large spiderlings), and the ocasional pinky.