Ami sp Panama

Enn49

Arachnosquire
I have an Ami sp Panama sling, 1st instar, on order and I can't find any care sheets so if anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it please.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
I think you might be right, I was just hoping someone may have experience of keeping them.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
i dont have an Ami, i have a Theraphosinae sp panama. however i completely agree with Minkov you should look up were they are from. id love to say keep thim this or that way but everyone is going to have different oppinions as well as temps and humidity differences, so the sub and its moisture content will differ from one to the other :)

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I raised mine like I raise 90 percent of my spiders. In a jar with some moist dirt in it.

Later, Tom

Last edited:

Enn49

Arachnosquire
I kept my Ami sp. Columbia moist, normal temps, water dish, and it did fine.
I raised mine like I raise 90 percent of my spiders. I jar with some moist dirt in it.

Later, Tom

Thank you both. I always feel happier knowing how people with experience of a species keep theirs rather than trying to guess, even with info on their country of origin.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
I'm happy now, I have found someone with experience of Ami who has given me good advice. Not on here I might add.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I'm happy now, I have found someone with experience of Ami who has given me good advice. Not on here I might add.
Are you going to keep it a secret now, or share with the rest of us so we can all learn something ;)

Later, Tom

cold blood

Staff member
Are you going to keep it a secret now, or share with the rest of us so we can all learn something ;)

Later, Tom
+1

That post kinda seemed like "nanny nanny boo boo, I found the info and you dumb ABers aren't worthy of my new info"

awiec

Arachnoprince
+1

That post kinda seemed like "nanny nanny boo boo, I found the info and you dumb ABers aren't worthy of my new info"
Information that is not shared I find useless; either share it and help others or just go on about your day, teases of "new info" are not cute.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Sorry I rather get the impression from many on here that we should all find out for ourselves.

The info I was given was :-
''Ami sp. Panama (and other Ami sp) are very easy to care for. They are terrestrial and may burrow a bit, so give them a few inches of substrate. They stay relatively small (around 2.5" or so) , so a small or medium critter keeper or similar size enclosure will be just fine. If you put moss or other items in the enclosure they may web around a bit as well. They prefer moderate humidity and temperatures, so you do not have to fuss too much in that area. They do not have a super high metabolism, but try feeding twice a week or so. That's really about it.''

So at least I know now that they are easy to keep with no special requirements.

awiec

Arachnoprince
They are a very very new species in the hobby so in this case, no we can't just go "find out ourselves". I generally just hunt down a paper on them to get an idea of their requirement but most get the moist sub and cork treatment until I find out other wise.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
My little Ami sp. Panama has arrived

I thought I'd give you an update on the progress of this little one.

It is currently eating well on multiple pinhead crickets twice a week, has moulted once and stays hidden away most of the time. This morning was my first chance to get a photo for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I thought I'd give you an update on the progress of this little one.

It is currently eating well on multiple pinhead crickets twice a week, has moulted once and stays hidden away most of the time. This morning was my first chance to get a photo for a while.

Looks like someone is about ready for an upgrade x3

Always wondered is this ami as curious as most dwarfs? I ask as i may pick up 2 or 3 soon and would like to know what i may get into

cold blood

Staff member
I don't see any vent holes....and misting that little enclosure?? A few droplets of water would suffice.

It is incredible how many people mist the :poop: out of their enclosures THEN take pics to show us.:wall: