Amazing new Ceratogyrus

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
Why? Why does this exist? I'm sorry, but I find the "horn" of this species slightly disturbing...

Last edited:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Just imagine this thing molting. That would be very interesting. :rolleyes:

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
Why? Why does this exist? I'm sorry, but I find this species slightly disturbing...
Agreed, this is the first time I’ve ‘noped’ at a tarantula. :bag: That, umm, flaccid horn just seems excessive. But kudos to everyone who’s excited about them :p

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Why? Why does this exist? I'm sorry, but I find the "horn" of this species slightly disturbing...
Agreed, this is the first time I’ve ‘noped’ at a tarantula. :bag: That, umm, flaccid horn just seems excessive. But kudos to everyone who’s excited about them :p
Ya'll just intimidated/jealous of that massive horn. :troll:

It certainly is bizarre, reminds me of the nose of a proboscis monkey.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
I might end up liking that 'horn' someday. I used to (before I got into the hobby) think the coloration of C. cyaneopubescens was creepy. :rofl:

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
What a funky looking animal! I can't say I'd love to have one or anything but it's always fascinating when we describe a new species.

myrmecophile

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Neat spider, give it a couple of weeks and it will be on a european price list somewhere.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hopefully your family has the GPS coordinates to find you in the local Angolan jail too. These will need to be protected

Whoa, where have you been? I haven’t you here in forever. It’s great to see you.

I was talking about you not long ago on here.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They also recorded Pterinochilus (lugardi) in Angola for the first time! They are expanding their territory.

I'll stick to them and not weird floppy proboscis spider, thanks LOL

Cas S

Arachnoknight
Can't wait till this gets into the hobby, even if it didnt have the horn the colors are pretty cool

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
I remember seeing this when the sp. Was first discovered I still think that it's a tarantula/xenomorph hybrid... I love it

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Is anyone else incredibly curious to know what is inside the horn? Since it shrivels in alcohol, it must be filled with fluid more so than solid matter. Perhaps there is an artery that extends through it or maybe an extension of the midgut diverticulum that circles the outer perimeter of the prosoma. You would think with all of the advanced microscopy imaging systems out there someone would have performed an in depth analysis of the make up of the Ceratogyrus foveal protuberance by now. I'm becoming obsessed with this new species wondering what the make up of that horn is. :shifty:

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
It has a long, and soft horn so that it can supports it’s weight while threat posing! That is awesome!